Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
What days are you going to the KOH? I'm going with my KRX but can only make it Fri and Sat due to work :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been looking at the Coyote's as well as the Maxxis Liberties and Tusk Terrabites. Is there anyway to compare the weights of these three different tires? Interested to hear your thoughts on the coyotes. I ride mostly out west in the Utah, Nevada, California area...though I try to stay away from California. It's the only place I ever get pulled over and hassled when I'm out in the middle of no where. Anyway, interested to hear how you like them and if you have any issues with punctures or pinch flats. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've been looking at the Coyote's as well as the Maxxis Liberties and Tusk Terrabites. Is there anyway to compare the weights of these three different tires? Interested to hear your thoughts on the coyotes. I ride mostly out west in the Utah, Nevada, California area...though I try to stay away from California. It's the only place I ever get pulled over and hassled when I'm out in the middle of no where. Anyway, interested to hear how you like them and if you have any issues with punctures or pinch flats. Thanks
Going to put them through the test at the Hammers, I went to supercross A1 last night and talked to Kawasaki UTV booth. They were saying I might want to do new clutch kit for the bigger tires but they will take a look when I’m out there as they have a big booth at the Hammers. Should have some good info for you when I get back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Going to put them through the test at the Hammers, I went to supercross A1 last night and talked to Kawasaki UTV booth. They were saying I might want to do new clutch kit for the bigger tires but they will take a look when I’m out there as they have a big booth at the Hammers. Should have some good info for you when I get back.
I'm also interested in the weight of the Coyote's vs the Carnivores. I also only want to size up to a 32" and not a 33" tire but I'm still interested to hear what your thoughts are and what Kawasaki has to say. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
Check out the BFG KM3 as well. A 32" tire that measures out to be a true 32" tire. You will be hard pressed to find a better tire for riding in the west. I researched a ton of tires before settling on the KM3. Nothing else out there that I would switch them out for. From the high rocky mountains of Colorado to the sand and slick rock of Moab, there really isn't a better choice for me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Check out the BFG KM3 as well. A 32" tire that measures out to be a true 32" tire. You will be hard pressed to find a better tire for riding in the west. I researched a ton of tires before settling on the KM3. Nothing else out there that I would switch them out for. From the high rocky mountains of Colorado to the sand and slick rock of Moab, there really isn't a better choice for me.
How do you feel about longevity of them?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,663 Posts
How do you feel about longevity of them?
I have around 900 miles on mine and still have at least 3/4 tread left, if not more. Don't have a gauge but wish I did to get a true measurement. I am pleasantly surprised by the wear I'm getting. As awesome as they work on snow and ice and as great as they stick when rock crawling, I was a little afraid they would wear quickly. That is not the case at all. I have probably 50 miles on asphalt and 150-200 miles on the slick rock of Moab (like riding on sand paper) and the rest is typical rocky trail riding here in the mountains of Colorado.

·
Registered
277 Posts
So the 1/2" plates (full armor) will work with the tree kickers? (I have a stock Trail Edition).
Thanks,
Weird place to ask but yes, they should. Only issue I've read about is certain brand/s of fender extensions interfere.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
I love this bar. From a Toby Keith song.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not gonna lie, they look good! Here's a code for Trail Armor. I'm waiting for a time when I can afford the whole shebang.... 10OVER250
Finally got them on order. And my buddy with his e$ got these Coyote 33's on the way for his.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts