Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thinking about upgrading tires. From what I have read the K9 Super grips have been impressive. Does any have any experience with them? Part 2 of my question is, for those of you that are running 35" tire do you think upgrading the clutch is a must for 35"?
In the woods, east coast trails and rocks the K9's do just fine probably have 200-300 miles on em'
Ride all kinds of trails thru extreme, and have no other mods at all,
Only thing done ifs the preload cranked up a lil' on the shocks to compensate for some sag.
I honestly see no real need for anything else, till the clutch weights turn into an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the k9's currently and have also had zillas - this is my honest opinion - the zillas are a better rock tire because of the side bite they have - but they PACK with mud and if your around clay in your area you will be on slicks - takes awhile to clear them - great climbing tire. The K9 is a better all around tire IMO - I really like the massive 1" tread depth - it grabs roots easily and if aired down properly they crawl well as well , most other tires are slightly over 1/2" tread depth - I went with their soft compound - if you are worried about wear then obviously the harder compound would be an option. I like them and have had zero issues - If I were crawling 100% I would go back to the zillas because of the extra side bite- but there is always mud on the way to the rocks in my area- I will likely go back with the k9s when they wear out - I like them - There are ALOT of great tires out there - the efx motivator was second on my list - I have a buddy that rides on Pro armors and those are a good tire as well - I stressed to much over it - i would just pick a tire that fits your area (Rock tire, trail tire etc) and go with it - Youll enjoy the 35 size - not only for the clearance but there is a thing called rolling resistance - in short, it takes less energy to roll a 35" tire over a 2 foot ledge then it takes to roll a 31" tire over a 2 foot ledge - it also makes low gear a bit taller and you can use it for more then crawling - im very happy with the tire size on the machine. my 2 cents!!! View attachment 1511
From all the videos I've watched, I agree with u 100%

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the k9's currently and have also had zillas - this is my honest opinion - the zillas are a better rock tire because of the side bite they have - but they PACK with mud and if your around clay in your area you will be on slicks - takes awhile to clear them - great climbing tire. The K9 is a better all around tire IMO - I really like the massive 1" tread depth - it grabs roots easily and if aired down properly they crawl well as well , most other tires are slightly over 1/2" tread depth - I went with their soft compound - if you are worried about wear then obviously the harder compound would be an option. I like them and have had zero issues - If I were crawling 100% I would go back to the zillas because of the extra side bite- but there is always mud on the way to the rocks in my area- I will likely go back with the k9s when they wear out - I like them - There are ALOT of great tires out there - the efx motivator was second on my list - I have a buddy that rides on Pro armors and those are a good tire as well - I stressed to much over it - i would just pick a tire that fits your area (Rock tire, trail tire etc) and go with it - Youll enjoy the 35 size - not only for the clearance but there is a thing called rolling resistance - in short, it takes less energy to roll a 35" tire over a 2 foot ledge then it takes to roll a 31" tire over a 2 foot ledge - it also makes low gear a bit taller and you can use it for more then crawling - im very happy with the tire size on the machine. my 2 cents!!! View attachment 1511
Nice rig also

21 - 24 of 24 Posts