Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. As title suggests, I'm waiting for mine to come in. Green '21, however I have started collecting some items to install once I do get it. New to the sxs scene but have had plenty of sport and 4x4 atv's. Thanks for all the info on here that helped me stick with Kawasaki.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
Nice! I’m playing the waiting game too. What add on’s did you get for the new machine?

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
I musta got lucky. I literally walked into an available blue at my nearest Kawi dealer last week. If you are anywhere near Effingham, Illinois, Owen Motorsports has two blues in inventory as of a minute ago. I'm not affiliated, just know them to be good people.

Reactions: 98whitelightnin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! I’m playing the waiting game too. What add on’s did you get for the new machine?
First off I picked up some mirrors, superatv tinted top and the tusk 1/2 or 1/4 windshield. Lots more to come but i gotta see what it will handle without the alternator kit.
I musta got lucky. I literally walked into an available blue at my nearest Kawi dealer last week. If you are anywhere near Effingham, Illinois, Owen Motorsports has two blues in inventory as of a minute ago. I'm not affiliated, just know them to be good people.
The local dealer here in MN just got a '20 trail edition, but I'm waiting on a better deal. Found new under msrp.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Too funny as we have been waiting for some add on’s to be done on our new trail edition and should be picking it up today with additional items ordered i will add on in the next week or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess I've gotten busy working on and putting some miles on the krx. Thought I'd throw up a pic of where it's at.
I've seen some "braces" for the front suspension and not sure if it's really needed or if someone is scaring me to buy it...anyone see a need for it?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I just added a lower a-arm brace from ebay, on my last KRX I ripped the tabs out of the lower a-arm and insurance totaled the machine.

$20 is cheap insurance.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Guess I've gotten busy working on and putting some miles on the krx. Thought I'd throw up a pic of where it's at.
I've seen some "braces" for the front suspension and not sure if it's really needed or if someone is scaring me to buy it...anyone see a need for it? View attachment 5597
They are a scare tactic.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The $20 brace for the lower a-arm "may/could" of saved my front suspension, as it doubles the thickness of the a-arm tab that is actually pretty darn thin and weak. In this picture the lower a-arm is bent back 180 degrees with the front tab ripped off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts