Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Windshields

12K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  Chilled Rider 
#1 ·
I just bought a KRX ,don't want to start a argument, but what is the best windshield ,flip up or flip down ??

#3 ·
Flip up has more options. Ours can be fully open, fully closed, or vented to let in airflow. A flip down is pretty nice too, but doesn't offer the different options. Plus, you have to get out and strap down a flip down, while the flip up can be managed while you're sitting in the seat. We sell a hell of a lot of flip up windshields, but the hunters that hunt out of the seat of the machine seem to prefer the flip down for that reason.

#11 ·
just purchased a new krx and wanted the extended fenders.. purchased the mud package that with the dealer 20% discount.. was a bargain.. but the full glass windshield does not come with any vents.. this is a much needed option..
considering using the defrost vent knock outs and piping in some outside air to to help rid the back draft... anyone

#12 ·
just purchased a new krx and wanted the extended fenders.. purchased the mud package that with the dealer 20% discount.. was a bargain.. but the full glass windshield does not come with any vents.. this is a much needed option..
considering using the defrost vent knock outs and piping in some outside air to to help rid the back draft... anyone
Yes
Back draft is terrible, Kawasaki needs to rethink this, funny you say cause I have spent today working on solution. I got new full exhaust and now it to leaks up inside can, recently added back window.. so really get backdraft.
I am going to try the cabin closure upgrade Kawasaki is selling but it's out of stock. Go figure. Look them up suppose to help.

I have the seizmik full window with 2 versa cents in them they help but again. Lots backdraft.

Here is the cabin part:

#22 ·
I have I think a great idea I am working on

#1 behind the passenger seat I am going to put in the back firewall a mounted fan on a rocker switch that I can cut on and off as needed this will help pull air out of the cab and actually push it past the exhaust

#2 I am also having somebody design and work on milit aluminum vent plates that will go on the side in front of both back tires mounted in the frame our body that will allow air to flow through on the engine side.

Whenever I get any of these done I will post my thoughts and pictures

#23 ·
I starting to finally get some of the ordered accessories in and try to deal with this back draft issue that I know I will have the minute I install the very nice windshield that comes in the mud package. The dealer clams the heater kit will help with this. so I took the bait and purchased it hoping to pipe in a fresh air vent and possibly tee into into it from the front fire wall.. lots of options on amazon to do this... also ran onto what I think maybe the best idea and install Can ams provent on the roof. ProVent Roof Module for Maverick X3, Maverick Trail & Maverick Sport | Can-Am and possibly this one in the center of the front firewall Amazon.com: Unique Black Aero Design RV ATV Cycle Truck Cargo Work Trailer Side Air Vents: Automotive

#24 ·
I starting to finally get some of the ordered accessories in and try to deal with this back draft issue that I know I will have the minute I install the very nice windshield that comes in the mud package. The dealer clams the heater kit will help with this. so I took the bait and purchased it hoping to pipe in a fresh air vent and possibly tee into into it from the front fire wall.. lots of options on amazon to do this... also ran onto what I think maybe the best idea and install Can ams provent on the roof. ProVent Roof Module for Maverick X3, Maverick Trail & Maverick Sport | Can-Am and possibly this one in the center of the front firewall Amazon.com: Unique Black Aero Design RV ATV Cycle Truck Cargo Work Trailer Side Air Vents: Automotive
Interesting

Good share, if you have some and installed share when you do, I am going to order 2 just to see my thoughts.

#25 ·
I am looking at the KRX, need them to introduce a 4 seater but if so it will be high on my list once I return from this deployment. With that being said, has anyone seen a glass flip up windshield yet for the KRX? Preferably with a wiper? I know it is only a matter of time but something similar to what Polaris and Can-Am offer would be perfect. We have a ranch in East Texas and hunt pigs out of our side x sides a lot (hence the need for flip up) but we get a lot of rain so need the wiper as well. My personal experience is that glass is by far the best way to go after having tried both poly and glass. Thankfully Kawasaki is very good about offering both cab enclosures and heaters on their products, for a very reasonable price as well. At least as compared to Polaris.. their stuff is nice but man is it $$$.

#26 ·
kawi is to announce new rigs in a few days on the 7th.. we will see. order the accessories at time of sale most will offer a good discount and the packaged accessories bundled are a great savings.. the wiper kit looks like it would work on most any windshield..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.