Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who is running limit straps? PRP or what other brand?

With my new Bandit 3 springs set at 17" of ground clearance. I exploded a rear CV stock axle joint.

thinking about limit straps, anyone got any installed pictures to share or advice to add?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
My bet would be running to much angle on your CV shafts with 17" of ground clearance. Limit straps won't do a thing to remedy that. Adjust them down to 15/15.5" of clearance and that should fix your issue.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
83 Posts
I’m with bob on this, limit straps are going to save your shocks not really a CV joint. I just did tenders and set ride height to 15/15.5 on the stock tires before putting the 35’s on.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm going to lower my ride height, but with the shock topping out is what I want to protect, from over articulation.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
83 Posts
Absolutely, let me give you one piece of advice on limit straps… don’t order them from elite sxs engineering. I’ve been waiting a month now with no communication had to get PayPal involved, snd there’s guys been waiting longer than me. Just FYI

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
I ordered a set of PRP front straps and waiting for delivery. I found them on eBay because PRP is out of stock. There are several stores online that say “in stock” but after emailing with them, they all drop ship from PRP, who is out of stock.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Shock Therapy has been teasing the releaae of a limit strap kit for the KRX for sometime now. I am interested in seeing what their kit looks like before I commit to another brand.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
I've been waiting for years for some limit straps and I'm pretty sure they will never come in. Somehow during that wait I've never had a shock issue... I'm pretty sure limit straps will never be delivered to my house. I'd much rather spend my money on something I actually need. :LOL:

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
Got mine in. The spacer sleeves are 1.5” long and I cut .5” off the two upper so the straps wouldn’t contact the fan housing at droop. The bottom bolts go in from the back and the sleeves go in front of the shocks.

Reactions: mtl111

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
176 Posts
Nice!

How much extension do you lose? I'm sure they will stretch a little after break in.

Reactions: Bizill

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
They are 32” center to center. Jacking up the middle of the machine, the side with the strap comes off the ground just before the side without, so it’s an inch or maybe two.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
White Lightnin, my straps arrived, but the included bolts seem to be a smaller diameter than the shock eye bolt, and even the bushing they provided have lots of side to side slop.? weird. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
PRP? The bolts they sent with mine matched perfectly with the oe but course thread, instead of fine. They are long as hell though and might have to trim the lower two if your running 35’s. The bushings are not a tight fit but I don’t think they really need to be.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes PRP, two different bushing sizes for inner diameter, and smaller fasteners........I'm going to send it back and return it.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
What was the part number on the kit?
I was only able to find the fronts in stock from 1 eBay seller

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts

·
Registered