Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very pissed off right now as my Bandit stage 3 springs for my eS KRX showed up yesterday with ZERO instructions or base line set points for preload lock rings and crossover rings.

That is bordering on almost engineering irresponsibility. Other than a miniscule silk screen code you have to guess at, they don't even ID them as front and rear springs, other than they come in 2 seperate boxes. shame on them.

there are a couple of You tube videos with suggested settings, so I'm having to go by other peoples trial and error initial settings.

Anyone got some measurement for me to try? I've got both rear shocks on and starting to tackle the fronts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Let me see if I can find my measurements. Be about a hr and a 1/2 before I get home. I think I have them wrote down in a binder in the garage.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running 6.5 front, 6" rear for initial setting. Gotta let it settle to see what ride height winds up at. Spring Compressor is a must, you really have to crank the fronts WAY down to get the cup back on.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took it out for a quick ride on the street swerving hard to get the suspension settled. Preload at 6.5" down on fronts, 6" rear, put me at 17.5" front / rear clearance. Huge difference over the sagged out 13" before with 200 miles on machine. New Bandit stage 3 eS springs. oh yeah baby, the new springs are awesome and 17.5" of honest ground clearance. BRING ON THE ROCKS! I'll see if the springs settle after the next trail ride, and may lower it down to 16-16.5" Electronic suspension dampening is much more feelable from soft to firm too. Color me a happy camper! Black springs look better than silver too.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jlhens what is your belly pan clearance, and how much did they settle over the first 100-200 miles?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Jlhens what is your belly pan clearance, and how much did they settle over the first 100-200 miles?
16 3/4 front and rear. The front has a frame stiffner on it. This is with 6 months of use on it. I am on 35s at 10psi front, 11psi rear.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knocked my backs down to 6 1/8 from 6.75" to lower the back end a bit and give the CV joints less angle.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Also that’s with the krx cargo box loaded with tools, and various supplies. In the bed there is 4 d rings, 2 recover ropes, 3 heavy snatch blocks, and a yeti 45quart cooler empty in the bed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had to also. I think I took a 1/2 inch out of the rears initially and then with time they have broken in and sagged just a fuzz.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I run the Russian box, and heavy 1/2" trail armor skid plate, winch, front rear full upper/lower bumpers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yea I also have a winch, front and rear poly carb windshield, krx premium roof, swamp donkey stereo, sxs radios GMRS radio, front Nlight light bar, and frame stiffner.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love the stiffness for fast logging roads and asphalt driving. First rock crawling will be this sunday. There is an initial plushness to the ride so far, then suspension takes a set. You can feel on the eS suspension settings, that soft feels softer, and firm feels firmer, than the stock springs did.

·
Registered
37 Posts
took it out for a quick ride on the street swerving hard to get the suspension settled. Preload at 6.5" down on fronts, 6" rear, put me at 17.5" front / rear clearance. Huge difference over the sagged out 13" before with 200 miles on machine. New Bandit stage 3 eS springs. oh yeah baby, the new springs are awesome and 17.5" of honest ground clearance. BRING ON THE ROCKS! I'll see if the springs settle after the next trail ride, and may lower it down to 16-16.5" Electronic suspension dampening is much more feelable from soft to firm too. Color me a happy camper! Black springs look better than silver too.

View attachment 5795

View attachment 5796
that axle angle is TERRIBLE - your almost at full droop on flat ground - your really limiting the suspension of that ES machine and thats the entire point of those....... You realise the taller you become you also become narrower correct? it sucks those a-arms in - tall + narrow = Tippy AF .....If you truly like the rocks then your gonna hate that setting - i have bandits with no sway bars - all i do is crawl - and at 18" while able to get over things easier it was a less effective crawler offcamber and was tippy AF - im currently at 16 1/2 front and 16 1/4 rear......and its a beast. How your setup now will be fine for trail riding though......but then you prob dont need 17.5" of clearance.........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts