Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main thought, was "how many guys does it take to get it flipped back on its wheels" on level ground no obstacles rocks trees..

So question, 2 or 3 guys? I'm trying to gauge the weigh of the machine when you have to roll it back over.

Just grab the cage and push, or where are the best leverage points?

Feel free to chime in with your own story of events.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Two or three guy's ain't going to cut it. Even on it's side the wheels are the high point. We turn machines over at least a few times a year and most machines take 5-6 to do with out killing yourself. Winch is always best and you may have to tie the machine winching off to something.

My KRX took a 4500lbs winch and chaining the buggy it was on to a tree.

Standard teryx 2 seater. Krx and a Wolverine to winch this up.

A 50 inch RZR on flat ground with the rear wheel not really touching anything, in the hole that tipped it. 3 guys were able to get it back on it's wheels.

These 3 flops were all from the same weekend in June of this year.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I flipped mine on its side in late December at HMT was actually at an easy section of a double black diamond trail, was taking a bypass around a short( 100 foot) semi frozen water crossing and slipped down into the hole right near the end. Ground was slick , no real trees around, and it was just me and my co-driver. Between an old rotted stump, and finally
a small cluster of saplings we were able to flip it back over using a winch and a snatch block as an anchor point. Something to note, you will have to do a battery disconnect to reset the ignition. Note the water line on the rear tail light... bent subframes in the front and rear fenders. Was a simple fix though. My co-driver got splashed when we dropped in. The water was under the side of the car and less than a foot deep at this spot.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
227 Posts
I sincerely hope I’m never able to contribute to this thread. I’ve done three rollovers in the Wolverine X2. All slow speed and no injuries, very lucky.

Reactions: Atcdan13

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
345 Posts
I sincerely hope I’m never able to contribute to this thread. I’ve done three rollovers in the Wolverine X2. All slow speed and no injuries, very lucky.
I’m sure it’s inevitable but I’m not looking forward to having to get the krx right side up. I put my gen1 wolvy on it’s side on a slope and we’ve had a buddy’s wildcat xx on it’s side off the trail. Five of us flipped the wolverine but I had to strap myself to a tree and use to snatch blocks with the winch to flip over the xx. If not for a 2” round tree he’d have slid 100 feet. The number one thing to remember in a rollover: always make sure someone takes pictures 😂
0149B801-CC85-4621-8884-C2C0696A45F6.jpeg
2DE98D19-593E-4A79-990D-085744C81EF7.jpeg
386521AB-8FB4-45D0-A9E9-000DE763DA5E.jpeg
89E1980B-1BB9-42E0-85B8-90196381E173.jpeg

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have never done it, nor seen it done, but it would be helpful if people could describe how it happened, sort of a cautionary tale.....

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have never done it, nor seen it done, but it would be helpful if people could describe how it happened, sort of a cautionary tale.....
When I put my wolverine over I was on a downhill off camber sweeping left turn going about 10-12mph. I looked over my shoulder to check on the guy behind me, my LF tire went into a small hole and the balance shifted. It was like slow motion. Lol. When my buddy put the XX over he just went too wide on the turn and off the edge. I’ve seen many a rzr go over during donuts when the tire grabs and gravity wins. It happens.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doesn't the KRX have a roll-over switch, that you if you roll the machine, you have to reset the switch by disconnecting the battery? thought I heard that somewhere?

·
Registered
345 Posts
doesn't the KRX have a roll-over switch, that you if you roll the machine, you have to reset the switch by disconnecting the battery? thought I heard that somewhere?
I heard that too. That would be good info to know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Most I've seen are getting off the side of trail, either backing down a climb or missing a corner. Trying to get turned around on a narrow trail has been good for a few and trying to skirt a mud hole is a good way to do it. Very few are actually from a hard obstacle or sketchy part of a trail.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Well I'll own mine ... the KRX was too confidence inspiring and while I likely knew I could not make the crevasse that little devil said give it a try and it ended with a slow tip into...

few scratches thankfully no broken windshield ... which actually was first day using
1615328314583.png

·
Registered
71 Posts
Most I've seen are getting off the side of trail, either backing down a climb or missing a corner. Trying to get turned around on a narrow trail has been good for a few and trying to skirt a mud hole is a good way to do it. Very few are actually from a hard obstacle or sketchy part of a trail.
Thanks, I'd like to learn by others experiences RE what not to do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts