Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone wired thei whip lights into the accessory connection near the driver taillight? If so is it working well?

·
Registered
893 Posts
They are a Key On Power Acc source. Cut off the first wrap of electrical tape. There are 2" wire leads that are plugged into the bullet connectors

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like to run my whips through a relay and a rocker switch on the dash. Does anyone know where the wires from the rear, end up at under the dash?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Old habit... on my General had a Blue Sea fuse block, used relays and rocker switches. Kept it clean and safe.
Do you have any idea where the wire from the rear runs to?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thats what I’m hoping for. Hope it is easy to get to. Have KRX on order, trying to get a jump on things. Appreciate the info!

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,113 Posts
The fuse panel is behind the drivers seat. If you want a switch up front, you’re gonna have to run wires. There are accessory terminals located behind the center dash.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Two Spiral wrap 5 footers for only $130

great lights. many patterns and colors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm running these led whips I have them tide into my blinkers and brake light wires also so they act as addition blinkers and brakes. I Placed the controller behind the plastic cover for the gas tank vent lines its between and behind passenger and rider seats on the rear wall.
Also, removed the large cover that spans side to side in the bed that hides CVT and air intake tubes to hide and run wires to each side.
These whips also have large springs so the LEDs are less likely to break if you like that look.
They are also controlled by IR remote or blue tooth/phone. I prefer the phone app. They have 100+ patterns and such. The led to music part does not do it for me wish it had options to pick from. I feel like it's kind of random with the music.
I ran key on power from the In-dash fuse box that I installed to whip rocker in-dash to whip controller box that's behind gas vent line housing. .
The flags it comes with are very low quality and won't last I did not use them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The power wires are behind the center console top storage box connected to a accessory terminal block bolted to a frame rail and i would guess it has a fuse in the panel for that connection also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts