Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pics of the WARN bumper and Axon 4500.
Got the cover off Ebay. Not specifically meant for the winch but works in a pinch. The factory harness loom was utilized for the power cables. I drilled a hole through the firewall up high to run the remote and switch harness into the cab. Had to extend the red 22g switched power wire with the fuse, other than that, a simple bolt up operation. Used a pair of cable clamps, and zip ties to keep everything snug. View attachment 742 View attachment 743
What size shackles fit this bumper? Also are you completely satisfied with this bumper?

·
Registered
130 Posts
What size shackles fit this bumper? Also are you completely satisfied with this bumper?
As far as the bumper / mount. The only thing that would make it better would be a hoop to extend above the winch. Something I could mount a pair of pods on. What I really like about it, it makes the winch higher and way easier to reach. The shackles are 1/2" 2-ton WLL. I have larger 3/4" ones as well in my recovery bag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As far as the bumper / mount. The only thing that would make it better would be a hoop to extend above the winch. Something I could mount a pair of pods on. What I really like about it, it makes the winch higher and way easier to reach. The shackles are 1/2" 2-ton WLL. I have larger 3/4" ones as well in my recovery bag.
Mounting pods never crossed mine until you mentioned it. Do you know anyone running the HMF defender bumper? It has bars you could mount pods on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mounting pods never crossed mine until you mentioned it. Do you know anyone running the HMF defender bumper? It has bars you could mount pods on.
I don't. I have their rear bumper but decided the warn mount would be better suited for what I needed to do. I'm probably gonna fab a hoop setup that I can mount to the warn bumper and factory frame mounts on each side of the radiator. For now 2 pods sit on the lowest part of the cage.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts