Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never envision myself needing a winch, we never do that kind of riding (at least not in the last 4 years). However, I don't care for the look on the front where a winch plate would go, it looks unfinished. So I'd just like to put one there, does the brand matter? I do like the look of the EMP plate, what brand of winch doe that cover, or do they work with many/any? And yes, I know I may need one some day, but do carry a heavy duty tow strap.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
627 Posts
I never envision myself needing a winch, we never do that kind of riding (at least not in the last 4 years). However, I don't care for the look on the front where a winch plate would go, it looks unfinished. So I'd just like to put one there, does the brand matter? I do like the look of the EMP plate, what brand of winch doe that cover, or do they work with many/any? And yes, I know I may need one some day, but do carry a heavy duty tow strap.
Go on Instagram on look up viper machine. He makes CNC block off plates. Among a couple other bad ass pieces.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
864 Posts
KFI mount on ebay $50 and a harbor freight badlands 5000 with 20% coupon is only $160. A winch is cheap insurance for those OH FUCKKK moments.
Pretty good advice there for anyone who just wants to dress up the front end, but still have a functional winch for emergencies. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone installed a badlands 5000 winch yet? I have the superatv winch mount and first bought a x-bull 4500 lb winch, which was too big and I wasn't able fit. I then bought the badlands 5000 and I had to partially disassemble the winch to be able to rotate it to get it in. The housing just touches a bolt on the front diff when installed.
The cable will most likely rub against the diff unless you remove the first winding. I am hoping to make the install work, but I would definitely go w a smaller winch that fit properly. Maybe kfi allows for a little more clearance? I am happy w the quality of the superatv mount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Disregard my last post. My first winch didn't work (I'm sure my own doing from disassembling it) and got a new badlands 5000. My son slid it in without any issues. Guess I'm that guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts