Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
I have had shocks off multiple times on multiple SxS’s while adjusting preload. Never used anti-seize or torqued them. Have always ran them tight with the impact. Never an issue. on my KRX I run RCOR tenders, HCR long travel and 37’s. On my RZR’s I run MTS happy with both.

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
963 Posts
I have had shocks off multiple times on multiple SxS’s while adjusting preload. Never used anti-seize or torqued them. Have always ran them tight with the impact. Never an issue. on my KRX I run RCOR tenders, HCR long travel and 37’s. On my RZR’s I run MTS happy with both.
Antiseize is like Frank's red hot for me, I put that $hit on everything lol it just makes my life easier down the road. Everyone does maintenance/ repair differently I guess. I try an utilize the torque specs given any time I can. That's just me, an for my piece of mind.

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,186 Posts
Have you ever heard to not use antiseize on lug nuts? I have always used it and then came the KRX. I did nothing different on the KRX than any of my other machines, cars, or trucks. It took a while (2000 miles with multiple wheels on and off) but I lost several KRX lug nuts. The threads just came off. So... I hammered out all the wheel studs and hammered in all new wheel studs and went back with new lug nuts. No more antiseize on lug nuts for me. WD-40 to clean them maybe. Anyway, just sharing. I'm 57 and never had a problem with antiseize on lug nuts until the KRX.

· Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 #TeamGreen
135 Posts
Have you ever heard to not use antiseize on lug nuts? I have always used it and then came the KRX. I did nothing different on the KRX than any of my other machines, cars, or trucks. It took a while (2000 miles with multiple wheels on and off) but I lost several KRX lug nuts. The threads just came off. So... I hammered out all the wheel studs and hammered in all new wheel studs and went back with new lug nuts. No more antiseize on lug nuts for me. WD-40 to clean them maybe. Anyway, just sharing. I'm 57 and never had a problem with antiseize on lug nuts until the KRX.

That's very interesting to hear. I use antiseize on all of my lug nuts also. Started doing it years ago after I had a few lugs seize up on me and destroy the studs. I've never had a problem since. I have used a drop of motor oil on the threads before when antiseize wasn't available. No issues there either.

We're you using the factory nuts and washers with the OEM wheels? Not sure that it would matter but I'm running aftermarket wheels and nuts. I keep an OEM set with me for my spare which is a factory wheel.

Reactions: BobX2

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
963 Posts
I too have always used it on lugs. I hope you didn't just jinx my krx now! Lol

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,186 Posts
Like I said, no difference on the KRX than any other wheel I've ever put on. What I do is use a battery impact to seat the lug nuts and then follow with a torque wrench. So strange that I lost the threads on four lug nuts on the KRX. When I checked all the rest they were suspect. So I replaced every wheel stud and lug nut. I shit you not, can't make this stuff up. Very strange.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
System 3-4 bronze 6+1 35" carnivore ordered. Seems to be a good value price and mounted with nuts is a winner chicken dinner. I should stay 69-70" width with stock springs. I think with stock tenders I should be ok with some settle in tenders for a bit. What I need is under 71" width and under 79" heights. I can adjust lift/preload and or buy tenders based off of this calc. If curious on why the Carny tire well I have never had a sidewall or flat to date. They are decent behaved on roads, sand, snow and do well in soft muddy wet NW conditions. Many of us run em and have not had any bad luck to date. We do have some serious rocks in Eastern Wa but dont spend major time there but few trips a year at best. Now I dont plan on running Elbe King boat ramp rockslide race but I will putt up it soon enough. It is no joke and I cant believe he did that with a stock KRX2 and 35 Zillas. 98% UTV's wont make it up that. Heck most jeeps dont. I will run my stockers on trip less extreme or sand stuff.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Center caps stay on. I cracked 1 up already. Gouged wheel too. Im happy, good wheel. OEM offset is same or close to it. I need remove rock scrapers and they stick out an 1" on inside wheel because 7" vs 8" OEM wheels. Also I dont like color of OEM wheel but these dark ones blend very nicely imop.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am currently 82" tall. 70" wide or less, tire bulge is 70". 17" clearance with RCOR springs. I should settle out at 16.5" 70"W and 81.5"H. With stock tires I should be under 80"H barely. Toy hauler fitment.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,034 Posts
Do you play in creeks a lot?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts