Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me decide. Leaning towards 2 combo's. Wheel choices are System 3 SB4 Bronze 6+1 15" or STI HD( 15" 6+1. Both beadlocks. Price comparable. ! is black gray and 1 is bronze. Tires are Carnivore in 35" or Trail Saw 35". My utv is black bronze gray ES SE. I know both will be actual 34"ish. I love carny tire and I like lighter weight tires so no 370's. Which youall think is good choice? I not ran these wheels, only Tusk in pat.

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
647 Posts
6+1 would be the safest choice with your toy hauler. Pics of the wheels and your machine would make the decision easier for us

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
963 Posts
Definitely a 6+1 if your wanting to try an stay as stock width as possible. A 5+2 will put you right at 70 maybe a tad more especially if your springs are saggy at all. I personally like the system 3 wheels better than the sti 's in the bronze color. I liked everything about the stock carnivores except the flimsy sidewall. I run them in a 32 on my can am with no issues but I couldn't get them to hold up on the heavier krx. After the second sidewall puncture I was done. Maybe the new 35 has a tougher sidewall. Good luck on whatever you decide.

· Registered
807 Posts
Definitely a 6+1 if your wanting to try an stay as stock width as possible. A 5+2 will put you right at 70 maybe a tad more especially if your springs are saggy at all. I personally like the system 3 wheels better than the sti 's in the bronze color. I liked everything about the stock carnivores except the flimsy sidewall. I run them in a 32 on my can am with no issues but I couldn't get them to hold up on the heavier krx. After the second sidewall puncture I was done. Maybe the new 35 has a tougher sidewall. Good luck on whatever you decide.
yep 5+2 is a bit over 70 inches on mine with 33" 370*s

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I ordered the system 3-4 bronze 6+1 offset with the 35" Carnivore tires. I now need tender springs so thinking Rcor? Front is only issue currently. I want to be 78" tall and 16" G clearances at under 70" width.??

· Registered
172 Posts
I bought the RCOR and have been happy. The only thing sorta "negative" I noticed is it seemed to make some squeaking noises but its not all that bad, especially when compared to how noisy the engine and trans is.

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
963 Posts
Well I ordered the system 3-4 bronze 6+1 offset with the 35" Carnivore tires. I now need tender springs so thinking Rcor? Front is only issue currently. I want to be 78" tall and 16" G clearances at under 70" width.??
Width I think u can make under 70 without any trouble. Heights gonna be a toughy. I have 16" ground clearance on 35" zillas an at the highest point of my sport roof I'm setting at 80-1/2 tall. Depends I guess on what the carnivores measure out at. You can get under 78 I believe but you may have to sacrifice some ground clearance an not crank your preload as much on the new tenders but then that adds a tad more width back to your machine. It's gonna be close for sure

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
963 Posts
I just realized you have the 4 seater. I looked up the specs on kawi site an it says stock height is 79.3?

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Not sure what you are wanting is possible, especially once you stick the 35's under it.
RCOR is my choice of tender spring. AllThingz front tender springs are long and will rub on the shock body. Gonna have to hurry though. I read that RCOR inventory is running low and they aren't expecting the next shipment until February.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tires first. Then deal with springs. I may be able to adjust heights to stay under my # limit as 6+1 wheel should give me some play? Find out soon enough. RCOR is 1st choice for me. Bandit maybe 2nd.. ??

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
963 Posts
Tires first. Then deal with springs. I may be able to adjust heights to stay under my # limit as 6+1 wheel should give me some play? Find out soon enough. RCOR is 1st choice for me. Bandit maybe 2nd.. ??
A little tip, whenever you remove your shock bolts, dab a little antiseize on the bolt stem, you will thank yourself if you ever have to remove the bolt again. And proper torque is important as well so the mount hole doesn't woller. On a 2 seater shock bolts are 70.4 ft pounds, I'm assuming the 4 seater is the same.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crap I already have had em off. Well next time I antisieze. Thanks. I will get torque wrench on em as well. I know Im at least 60-90lb with the old arm wrench! After tire installed I plan to load into toy hauler and verify clearances so I know exactly what I can adjust too. I do not want to be 18" tall GC but 16" would be good if I can clear roofs. I like to have good GC but not top heavy so hoping I can get to max 79"H and 69"W and be around 15-16"GC. Thats my goal. As springs settle more I will be doing tenders I think but will probably have em adjusted little lower then some people.

· Registered
807 Posts
Adjusted oem tenders a time or two without a lot of success. RCOR tenders installed and no more settling at all and great clearance with more adjustments to go if needed. Not sure if the 2 door tenders are the same as the 4 door tenders?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts