Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to take a trip in a few weeks to ride for a few days in Arkansas. Looking for any ideas or input. Have looked online at Mac’s Pines and Byrds Adventure. Liked what I saw online about Byrds. Will be taking a 42’ toy hauler so electric/water/sewer hookup would be great. Open to suggestions on other places as I have not been down there to ride. Would like some where where we could canoe or raft and might have more activities too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
258 Posts
Mac's Pines is a good option. It's about a 30 minute drive from my house. Byrd's is ok but I think you'll have a better experience at Mac's. You'll have access to the Big Piney and can canoe/float there. Do you have Avenza maps? It's free

Reactions: rchuntlsl

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mac's Pines is a good option. It's about a 30 minute drive from my house. Byrd's is ok but I think you'll have a better experience at Mac's. You'll have access to the Big Piney and can canoe/float there. Do you have Avenza maps? It's free
I do have the Avenza app and have down loaded the maps from there. Have not used the app in the real world yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the difference in canoeing the mulberry vs big piney? Used to jet ski the big piney up near Rolla when I went to school there. Yes it is a ditch there it was quite extreme. There was a reason I had to re lay my hull 3 times. We liked riding where no one else’s had. Kawasaki never failed me.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
258 Posts
I haven't canoe'd in ages, my brother knows a lot more about that than I do. Right now I think most floatable waters are too low or close to too low.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
Wolf pen gap is a fun area too. It’s just south of Mena.

Reactions: 1911cdp

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mena is another 3 hours south. So Indoubt I’ll make it that far. I do want to stay on the north 1/2 of the state. Looks cool Down there though.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Just some other places in the area

Buckhorn
  • by Devils den west of I49 headed towards NWAR -
  • Great trail system, generally rocky trails, only trail system growing in area
  • $3 a day to ride
  • join their Buckhorn OHV page on FB for lots of information and to download a map
Mulberry/Millcreek

• Trail system
  • $3 a day to ride
Rush Springs Ranch
  • Across the border into MO Near jane,MO
  • Bunch of short trails that all connect. Ranch is set up that you really don't need a map as they all dump out into a similar area
  • Lots of challenge areas and trails - guaranteed to have something you cant do no matter what you bring
  • Can catch and release in the ponds there - literally gives my kid the wrong impression of fishing because it is so easy
  • $30 a day (rates have been changing so not sure)
Disney OHV park
  • Lots of trails and challenge areas - part of park is set up below dam with that area providing a rock garden so to speak area
  • $5 to park at Hogans Off road park
  • Plenty of challenge areas
SMORR
  • Located in MO
  • Great park - clean, well marked trails and family friendly. Trails there from cruising around to nope I am not going to do that.
  • Most of the trails are really short
Buffalo Wilderness Ranch
  • located near Kinston, AR
    Scenic trail system with wildlife
  • family friendly
  • a little costly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Want to take a trip in a few weeks to ride for a few days in Arkansas. Looking for any ideas or input. Have looked online at Mac’s Pines and Byrds Adventure. Liked what I saw online about Byrds. Will be taking a 42’ toy hauler so electric/water/sewer hookup would be great. Open to suggestions on other places as I have not been down there to ride. Would like some where where we could canoe or raft and might have more activities too.

We had a blast at Mac Pines and will be going back next year. Avenza map was spot on. But we did not do any canoeing so no advice there. We even saw the Dover Lights! :)

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
We had a blast at Mac Pines and will be going back next year. Avenza map was spot on. But we did not do any canoeing so no advice there. We even saw the Dover Lights! :)
Dover lights are cool, it is a great stop on a night ride and you really don't expect to see anything ... until you do.

·
Registered
258 Posts

skip to 4:39 if you just want the story

·
Registered
94 Posts

Mulberry Mountain 2 times a year and Mack pines or Horsecamp 1 mile up the road from Mack pines, 2 times a year from Texas , Mena out after many years to many people and to many closed trails.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
We are headed to Mena for Labor Day weekend. If anyone else is planning on riding, let me know and we might tag along

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
We are headed to Mulberry Mountain the weekend before thanksgiving.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We are headed to Mulberry Mountain the weekend before thanksgiving.
Just got back from macks pines last weekend and rode Mulberry 3 weeks ago for 4 days, do both 2-3 times a year enjoy the weekend both places are good rides Mulberrys facilities are top notch better in my eyes then Macks, When at macks we take Rv past macks to horse camp about 2 miles up the road where the ticket booth is. At Mulberry we usually get cabins but reserve them a year in advance. Mulberry Mountain Books up solid for cabins fast. Both trail systems are made for my Trail edition.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
We’ve e never been up there so I’ve watched a few videos trying to figure out a few places to go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts