Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get a replacement rear Axle Clip? Every place I have called can not get this part in. Is there a aftermarket clip that will work? This is crazy I have a 20,000 dollar machine sitting for weeks because I am waiting on a 4.00$ part.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does anyone know how to get a replacement rear Axle Clip? Every place I have called can not get this part in. Is there a aftermarket clip that will work? This is crazy I have a 20,000 dollar machine sitting for weeks because I am waiting on a 4.00$ part.
Super ATV should be able to help you

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told you have to buy the cv boot kit and it comes with those clips it’s like 40$ for that kit

·
Registered
66 Posts
have you tried NAPA or another decent automotive parts supplier? the front axles on my KRX are similar in size to those off of say a Corolla or other small import, rears may be similar to say a 2002 4 cylinder Camry ; and a pro-tip: when re-installing the axles the clips must be held centered on the axle and they shouldn't take much more than a medium tap from a hammer to get them to go in; what i do is this: coat the axle end where the clip goes in axle grease, then using your fingers get the clip centered up (the grease will hold it centered) and turn it so the open end of the clip faces down. it should go right in. if your hammering hard and it doesn't go in then the clip is off center. the clip must also be able to float freely within the groove (before putting the grease in the groove), if there are any burrs on the splines of the axle end or in the groove then you will end up fighting the axle as you try to re-insert it. a small triangle file will clean up any burrs.

·
Built For Battle
124 Posts
I'm sure there has to be some standard sizes out there. I pulled this from our axle measurements.

Axle Clip OD: 26.85 ID: 23.65 Thickness: 1.6 Gap: 10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts