Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. They aren't held on by much tension from the clips and super easy to pop off

I used caulking type adhesive glue on each tab..........maybe use Hot Glue?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just ordered a set of theses, It states 2.68 inch outside diameter. I measure 2.6875 on my stock wheel center hole. Metal alloy and they go in from the back. $22 for 4 on Amazon. I'll let you know how they workout. ITP Manufacturer number SM130BBX. Many other styles available , just look for golf cart center caps that are 2.6875"

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,281 Posts
I just ordered a set of theses, It states 2.68 inch outside diameter. I measure 2.6875 on my stock wheel center hole. Metal alloy and they go in from the back. $22 for 4 on Amazon. I'll let you know how they workout.
Really dig this idea please do update!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have lost 2 on my KRX and 1 on my Mule pro FXR. I ran a bead of black RV silicone on my caps and have not had any trouble. Seems to work so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You all are just wasting money. To fix this oversight of some Kawasaki engineering designer who never tests their design in the real world, is to purchase a 4 pack of mixed fruit or jello etc. Eat it and then take the empty cups, spray paint the inside with your favorite color then remove the wheel and insert through center hole. The flange of the cup will be held between the rim and the spindle. The ones I used looks as good as factory. I can upload pictures if you need them. 25 dollars for an OEM replacement is ridiculous. Only them more ridiculous than that would be the guy willing to pay that.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
102 Posts
You all are just wasting money. To fix this oversight of some Kawasaki engineering designer who never tests their design in the real world, is to purchase a 4 pack of mixed fruit or jello etc. Eat it and then take the empty cups, spray paint the inside with your favorite color then remove the wheel and insert through center hole. The flange of the cup will be held between the rim and the spindle. The ones I used looks as good as factory. I can upload pictures if you need them. 25 dollars for an OEM replacement is ridiculous. Only them more ridiculous than that would be the guy willing to pay that.
Lol, good solution.

For me, remove them. I need as much clearance as possible. I just painted all four corners to match.

You can see how much time I spend on the rocks.

Reactions: TripleB and BobX2

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
592 Posts
If you’re serious, I’ve got to see pics. 😂. I did the silicone thing before my first ride. Seems to work so far.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts