Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little spin off from the HP thread. What speeds are you guy's averaging. Miles divided by hours, no guesses. Listing your location/terrain type would also help.

I'm at 1386 miles and 138.4 hours, so 10.01. Riding Ohio, WV and PA.

I can break it down a little more looking at the tracks on GPS. We do 27 mph on average on the road, 4 mph on tight private trails, 10 mph in park type trails.

·
Registered
129 Posts
11.92 avg mph. Trail riding in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
13.33 avg mph here, Utah and Arizona riding.
If I’m running powerless and open desert washes 20 to 40.then the tight stuff whatever not to beat the crap out of the machine.u gotta make it home.But out in the wide open desert washes its a blast to turn this thing loose.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If I’m running powerless and open desert washes 20 to 40.then the tight stuff whatever not to beat the crap out of the machine.u gotta make it home.But out in the wide open desert washes its a blast to turn this thing loose.
Powerlines

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
104 Posts
A little spin off from the HP thread. What speeds are you guy's averaging. Miles divided by hours, no guesses. Listing your location/terrain type would also help.

I'm at 1386 miles and 138.4 hours, so 10.01. Riding Ohio, WV and PA.

I can break it down a little more looking at the tracks on GPS. We do 27 mph on average on the road, 4 mph on tight private trails, 10 mph in park type trails.
Funny, I was thinking of starting the same topic. With all this talk about going fast. lol

1633 miles / 147hrs = 11 mph -----warp speed

Back in my Mountain Bike racing days, I could average 10 mph in most races.

I do know what fast is. In 2007 I raced the Vegas 300 in the Amateur Iron Man class. Had to do 200 miles on my own. Did it in just under 6 hours. That is about 33 mph average. I raced my Suzuki Kingquad 700

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
245 Posts
905 miles/159.5 hours lol I think I'm the biggest loser so far! I ride Tennessee, Kentucky, an Indiana. I ride 0 miles at home with this machine. I have a golf cart I tool around on at home. The only roads it sees is the roads it takes to get from hotel/campground to the trails.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So lets see an actual average.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1043 miles - 110 hrs. 9.48 mph. Alabama, Tennessee mostly. Did about 250 miles in the UP Michigan which was higher speed stuff also. 35's so odo is off some.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do the same thing in your daily driver 30mph

This isn't how gauge power, it's with your assit. We are almost the same size, why do they need 600+ hp they only average 31 mph? There is a difference between people who drive to work and those that drive as part of their job. Ask a truck driver, it's easy to recognize after 3pm or weekends. People have trouble maintaining ~ 75 mph on modern highways and cars. My wife can co drive for awhile then says "slow down, I can't take anymore adrenaline". She loves amusement parks! I get more focused and it starts to slow down.

Stadium super truck-Powered by a 600-hp Chevrolet LS V8 engine, the trucks weigh 2,900 pounds (1,300 kg) and are built with a steel-tube frame and fiberglass body. The trucks are 13'5" long and 5'2" high, feature a three-speed transmission and can reach speeds as high as 140 mph (230 km/h).

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy Springs
44 Posts
851 miles / 62.4 hours = 13.64
Mostly trails and dirt roads in the Ozarks and Ouachitas.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
953 miles/ 89.1 hours = 10.69.
It's only been been in East Tennessee(windrock and North Cumberland WMA) I've only put about a 100 miles on myself. The rest has been my son, daughter and wife. I'm hoping to get over a 100 miles of seat time myself this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,400 Posts
I haven't checked the KRX yet. On my ATV's I've always averaged 6-8 mph when I would check them. The KRX will be a little skewed because of my SD trip where I did probably 40+ miles on dirt roads as well as tar, where I was running 50+ mph. Now I gotta check it... :ROFLMAO: Might be a few days. The KRX is staying home this long weekend and the ATV's are going to get some seat time. (y)

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
171 Posts
Holy Sh!t y'all are slow....

1306 miles / 68.5hrs = 19mph

I drive haul a$$ on mostly wooded trails in Arkansas.

Reactions: mtl111

·
Registered
235 Posts
Funny, I was thinking of starting the same topic. With all this talk about going fast. lol

1633 miles / 147hrs = 11 mph -----warp speed

Back in my Mountain Bike racing days, I could average 10 mph in most races.

I do know what fast is. In 2007 I raced the Vegas 300 in the Amateur Iron Man class. Had to do 200 miles on my own. Did it in just under 6 hours. That is about 33 mph average. I raced my Suzuki Kingquad 700
That’s interesting I just sold my king quad last month.best machine ever! Happy to have survived the experience.0 to 70 in a blink of an eye wasn’t fast to u? I know it was for me.cooler strapped to ft .dog box strapped to rear .shot gun tucked under leg.those chukar birds didn’t stand a chance.then w age comes cage.got me a pioneer 1000,then got this for farting around.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts