Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
I went with the WARN VRX 4500. I think that is plenty of winch and I have had good luck with WARN winches on all my ATV's. Personally I like the contactor mounted beside the battery, but again, I don't play in mud or treat it like a boat. I guess those are just a couple of advantages of living above 5,000'. LOL We don't have that kind of riding in this part of the country.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
Our elevation is right around 5200' we have mud in the winter and natural streams in the summer. Tons of dust when it is dry out. (High desert) I know the electric pieces are pretty well sealed up. But piece of mind would be mounting that higher. Haven't been anywhere water has gurgled in my floor drains yet. Close though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Warn Axon 4500S on an HMF Defender bumper. I love how fast it was to wire this winch up. The solenoid is built into the winch itself and the housing is completely waterproof. 2 cables to the battery, 1 wire to switched hot, mount the handheld remote and mount the dash switch. It was a little more expensive than a Warn 4500S but to me it was worth it. If you're concerned that a 4500lb winch of any brand won't be enough, carry a snatchblock with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
How is the visibility out of that windshield, I'm in the market to switch to a glass windshield!

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
330 Posts
Looks like kawasaki has the solenoid in where the battery is. Not very excited about that location either.
Easy change. You may need to get longer power wires that run from the solenoid to the battery depending on how long whatever winch you buy comes with but that’s all you’ll likely need to move it behind the dash

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
True. Cables are easy enough to make. Think I even have some laying around. Definitely have plenty of wire.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How is the visibility out of that windshield, I'm in the market to switch to a glass windshield!
Visibility is great! The glass goes all the way over to the edge of the roll bar tubes and the two flip up vents in the bottom are tinted polycarbonate so you can see through them! When the vents are both up its like you turned the A/C on. I bought it from Fueled Utv and used one of their discount codes. It cost me a total of $386 with free shipping! The wiper is included also but you don't have to mount it if you don't want to. It's built very well and the aluminum frame is pretty thick.

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
9 Posts
What's the best winch to go with? I was planning to put in the Super ATV 6000 pound winch, but I saw using Super ATV winch there isn't a lot of room between the winch and the front Dif. My friend I ride with think I should go to a larger winch then 4500 pounds! What work for everyone else out there.
I put the QBOSS 5000 in mine. I have plenty of space and the free wheel knob is easily reached. Price was great and it came with 5 year warranty wireless remote and tethered one as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Super ATV Black Ops 4500 lb. for me. Easy install and fits perfect. Added rocker switch in dash as well as having the remote.
I did the same thing with my black Ops 4500 lbs winch but added a extra button that enables (lighted up blue) and disables (blue LED off) the winch rocker switch on the dash. That way it's less likely to spool out or in on accident.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What's the best winch to go with? I was planning to put in the Super ATV 6000 pound winch, but I saw using Super ATV winch there isn't a lot of room between the winch and the front Dif. My friend I ride with think I should go to a larger winch then 4500 pounds! What work for everyone else out there.
i have a viper 4500, used it several times. a little slow but works fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did the same thing with my black Ops 4500 lbs winch but added a extra button that enables (lighted up blue) and disables (blue LED off) the winch rocker switch on the dash. That way it's less likely to spool out or in on accident.
View attachment 2721

View attachment 2720
That was a great idea.I think i will steal it and add one to mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That was a great idea. I think I will steal it and add one to mine.
Here the switch I used comes in green and other colors when it's on; it's recessed a bit inside the button. You can wire it led on when it off or on, kind of like the rocker switches do. It's ip65 waterproof. I power washing my krx never had any issues with it. I'm also running one of these for my dome light I added as a switch. The led is on when it's off so I can find it in the night to turn on

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here the switch I used comes in green and other colors when it's on; it's recessed a bit inside the button. You can wire it led on when it off or on, kind of like the rocker switches do. It's ip65 waterproof. I power washing my krx never had any issues with it. I'm also running one of these for my dome light I added as a switch. The led is on when it's off so I can find it in the night to turn on
Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
Warn Axon 4500S on an HMF Defender bumper. I love how fast it was to wire this winch up. The solenoid is built into the winch itself and the housing is completely waterproof. 2 cables to the battery, 1 wire to switched hot, mount the handheld remote and mount the dash switch. It was a little more expensive than a Warn 4500S but to me it was worth it. If you're concerned that a 4500lb winch of any brand won't be enough, carry a snatchblock with you.

I'm deciding to go your route with this bumper and winch. I like the fact that the winch is not hindering the front differential. Servicing ect... Just not real excited about my front bumper from kawasaki. Plus this bumper allows for your winch to be higher so folks with bad backs are not bending over fumbling with the cable. Kind of sucks I spent good money on the bumper kit just to find out it's not very stout.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm deciding to go your route with this bumper and winch. I like the fact that the winch is not hindering the front differential. Servicing ect... Just not real excited about my front bumper from kawasaki. Plus this bumper allows for your winch to be higher so folks with bad backs are not bending over fumbling with the cable. Kind of sucks I spent good money on the bumper kit just to find out it's not very stout.
I had a bumper mounted winch on my Wolverine and loved it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I was looking at the Warn VRX 45S and the Warn VRX 45 it is about 150.00 more for the Warn VRX 45S because of the synthetic rope, Is it worth it to have the rope?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
So I was looking at the Warn VRX 45S and the Warn VRX 45 it is about 150.00 more for the Warn VRX 45S because of the synthetic rope, Is it worth it to have the rope?
I prefer synthetic rope, but I'm not paying $150 for 50' of it. I went with the wire rope on mine. VRX 45. There are pros and cons to each, and if I somehow manage to break my wire rope, I will likely replace it with synthetic.
If you plan on using it a lot, do your hands a favor and get the synthetic. In 1-1/2 years, I have used my winch zero times.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I prefer synthetic rope, but I'm not paying $150 for 50' of it. I went with the wire rope on mine. VRX 45. There are pros and cons to each, and if I somehow manage to break my wire rope, I will likely replace it with synthetic.
If you plan on using it a lot, do your hands a favor and get the synthetic. In 1-1/2 years, I have used my winch zero times.
Lol. I bet I use my winch 10-12 times a year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bob look online, I’ve seen 50’ of synthetic for less than $50. I hate the way the cable gets rust and kinked after a while. A winch is like a fire extinguisher or a gun for most of us.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts