Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best winch to go with? I was planning to put in the Super ATV 6000 pound winch, but I saw using Super ATV winch there isn't a lot of room between the winch and the front Dif. My friend I ride with think I should go to a larger winch then 4500 pounds! What work for everyone else out there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What's the best winch to go with? I was planning to put in the Super ATV 6000 pound winch, but I saw using Super ATV winch there isn't a lot of room between the winch and the front Dif. My friend I ride with think I should go to a larger winch then 4500 pounds! What work for everyone else out there.
I don’t think the 6000 lbs will fit. Iv got the super atv 4500lbs and it works great , Iv pulled Jeep’s out of mud holes with it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Warn Axon 4500S on an HMF Defender bumper. I love how fast it was to wire this winch up. The solenoid is built into the winch itself and the housing is completely waterproof. 2 cables to the battery, 1 wire to switched hot, mount the handheld remote and mount the dash switch. It was a little more expensive than a Warn 4500S but to me it was worth it. If you're concerned that a 4500lb winch of any brand won't be enough, carry a snatchblock with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
331 Posts
Warn Axon 4500S on an HMF Defender bumper. I love how fast it was to wire this winch up. The solenoid is built into the winch itself and the housing is completely waterproof. 2 cables to the battery, 1 wire to switched hot, mount the handheld remote and mount the dash switch. It was a little more expensive than a Warn 4500S but to me it was worth it. If you're concerned that a 4500lb winch of any brand won't be enough, carry a snatchblock with you.

That is a sweet setup

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think you’ll find that any winch you use down in the intended stock location leaves very little room between it and the front diff. I’m running a viper elite 4500 with a KFI mount on mine. I’ve got maybe 1/2-3/4” between the spool and front diff.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts

Will your winch fit in the stock location? I already have the kawasaki bumper. I didn't know you could get a winch with the built in solenoid. Now you have my wheels turning dammit 😃

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lol!! Sorry to mess up the plan! I didn't try and see if it would fit in the stock location. You could look up the specs on a regular Warn VRX 4500S "it definitely fits" and compare them to the Warn Axon 4500S. It is of course a little bigger since the solenoid is internal. They also make a Warn Axon 5500S , didn't think I needed it though. Do a Google search for the install of a Warn Axon on a KRX, may turn up something.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
Lol!! Sorry to mess up the plan! I didn't try and see if it would fit in the stock location. You could look up the specs on a regular Warn VRX 4500S "it definitely fits" and compare them to the Warn Axon 4500S. It is of course a little bigger since the solenoid is internal. They also make a Warn Axon 5500S , didn't think I needed it though. Do a Google search for the install of a Warn Axon on a KRX, may turn up something.

Cool thank you! I'm definitely not going any bigger than 4500. Just don't need it. Internal set up is definitely the way to go. Less wires the better!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Warn also makes a blutooth kit for Axon winch's. Lets you install an app and run it from your phone. I don't have that, but it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
163 Posts
Yeah this is the one I'm going to get. I've been tossing around so many options. Mounts and winches. Was leaning kawasaki kit for ease of installation knowing it will fit. But now I know this will work. Thank you again!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm running black opts 4500 winch hidden in the stock location mounted my solenoid behind the center dash. I have used it a number if times pulling mine and other rigs also comes with wireless remote.
Solenoid behind the center dash is the way to go. I did the same.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Super ATV Black Ops 4500 lb. for me. Easy install and fits perfect. Added rocker switch in dash as well as having the remote.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts