Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have also installed RCOR but I think just about any of them are better than stock. The RCOR caught my attention because it was easy to install and can be modified while in the KRX.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the RCOR kit also. I think this is gonna be one of those things where, whatever kit a guy goes with is gonna be better than what comes on the krx. I would get one where you can easily add weight to it though. Incase you get bigger tires or change from stock.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It includes primary and secondary springs..

What do the dalton springs do that the factory springs don’t? I don’t know about these springs at all, other some guys were removing the primary springs to lower the rpm while cruising.

·
Banned
487 Posts
What do the dalton springs do that the factory springs don’t? I don’t know about these springs at all, other some guys were removing the primary springs to lower the rpm while cruising.
These might help..

it’s not so much what the dalton does that the factory doesn’t. It’s more about having the right spring rate for your application. It’s just tuning.. same as you’d tune a motor or suspension. The clutching can do different things based on what and how you change things.

·
Registered
194 Posts
These might help..

it’s not so much what the dalton does that the factory doesn’t. It’s more about having the right spring rate for your application. It’s just tuning.. same as you’d tune a motor or suspension. The clutching can do different things based on what and how you change things.
So dalton gives u all these spring choices?i read somewhere u were not happy w dalton over stock because ur rpms are high now.me personalaly would like to be able to short shift this clutch,meaning to lug it down just to see.

·
Banned
487 Posts
So dalton gives u all these spring choices?i read somewhere u were not happy w dalton over stock because ur rpms are high now.me personalaly would like to be able to short shift this clutch,meaning to lug it down just to see.
No.. it comes with one setup to optimize performance.
No.. the kit itself is fine. It does exactly what it’s suppose to. I just preferred the way I had it setup before.

·
Registered
240 Posts
These might help..

Great quick info on the primary spring. Now does anyone know what the stock Kawasaki spring is? If I understood the video right, it needs a lower second number to not run the rpm’s so high on the krx? But then you’re out of the power/torque high point. These clutches are far more complicated than I ever imagined. Nobody I see has been talking springs. Other than removing the primary spring on the krx because it’s too loud. But I’m more interested in max performance. And the RCOR weights helped me bigly so far.

·
Registered
240 Posts
And the video on the secondary spring is what we should be looking at in the krx, if I’m understanding correctly. Also in the krx service manual that was posted in this forum, it talks about when the spring needs replacing. Depends on how much the spring has stretched. I think the right springs with the RCOR weights could be interesting to see what could be gained. But as far as I know, nobody has done anything about the springs. So that leads to to believe I’m wrong!!

·
Banned
487 Posts
And the video on the secondary spring is what we should be looking at in the krx, if I’m understanding correctly. Also in the krx service manual that was posted in this forum, it talks about when the spring needs replacing. Depends on how much the spring has stretched. I think the right springs with the RCOR weights could be interesting to see what could be gained. But as far as I know, nobody has done anything about the springs. So that leads to to believe I’m wrong!!
The only options for springs right now are the the dalton kit and factory. Like anything else options just aren’t available

·
Registered
240 Posts
The only options for springs right now are the the dalton kit and factory. Like anything else options just aren’t available

The guy who did the videos you posted sells the springs. Or are they all different? Do you know what the 2 numbers would be on the oem springs in our krx clutches?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Im just looking for whats best out there and that it has adjustment when I add upgrades down the line

What’s best is always going to be debatable. Just go ask what the best ecm flash tune is best for the krx. But deranged off road just did a review today of the RCOR weights at 1000 miles. If you plan on going with larger tires ever, you will likely want to add weights to your clutch weights. So whatever you do get a set that you can add weight too. The RCOR weights are threaded in, and allow for quite a range of additional weights. Other clutch weights use magnets to add weight. I haven’t seen a 1000 mile review of the dalton or dynojet weights yet. Or any other weights on the krx for that matter. So we’re all kinda beta testing these weights for longevity on the krx.

·
Banned
487 Posts
What’s best is always going to be debatable. Just go ask what the best ecm flash tune is best for the krx. But deranged off road just did a review today of the RCOR weights at 1000 miles. If you plan on going with larger tires ever, you will likely want to add weights to your clutch weights. So whatever you do get a set that you can add weight too. The RCOR weights are threaded in, and allow for quite a range of additional weights. Other clutch weights use magnets to add weight. I haven’t seen a 1000 mile review of the dalton or dynojet weights yet. Or any other weights on the krx for that matter. So we’re all kinda beta testing these weights for longevity on the krx.
Dalton is a threaded set screw for the weights. I think they actually came up with the design years ago.

·
Banned
487 Posts
The guy who did the videos you posted sells the springs. Or are they all different? Do you know what the 2 numbers would be on the oem springs in our krx clutches?
Pretty sure they’re all different.. I haven’t seen any cross referencing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts