Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there are a few options for windshields front, back, and sides. What did you all put on yours, why, and where did you buy from and the price paid, thanks.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I went with the Dirt Warrior glass vented windshield. Glass is the only way to go, and I wanted venting for dust backdraft control. Bought it direct from Dirt Warrior but Deranged Offroad is a dealer too. I started with a 1/2 windshield, but really like the wind being blocked by the full screen. The Dirt warrior has top shelf quality.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went with the Dirt Warrior glass vented windshield. Glass is the only way to go, and I wanted venting for dust backdraft control. Bought it direct from Dirt Warrior but Deranged Offroad is a dealer too. I started with a 1/2 windshield, but really like the wind being blocked by the full screen. The Dirt warrior has top shelf quality.

View attachment 2054
I live in Arkansas and during the summer it's extremely hot and humid. The backroads get dried out to a powdery dust. I noticed you have what looks like a Dirt Warrior back windshield as well, i was wondering how your combination works for keeping dust from swirling inside and also how those vents do for keeping you relatively cool?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
I live in Arkansas and during the summer it's extremely hot and humid. The backroads get dried out to a powdery dust. I noticed you have what looks like a Dirt Warrior back windshield as well, i was wondering how your combination works for keeping dust from swirling inside and also how those vents do for keeping you relatively cool?

Real question but why is everyone so concerned about dirt getting inside? It’s a UTV. Not a sealed cabin air conditioned on road vehicle. I take a blow gun and everything comes straight off followed by some chemical guys interior clean and it’s new again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I fully expect some dust to roll in, thats definitely going to happen. I rode in a Polaris Ranger Crew with both front and rear windshields and the dust swirling in was extremely bad to the the point where you had a ton of dust in your eyes and wishing for some kind of dust mask. That guy eventually removed the rear windshield and it got alot better but that was a bigger cab so I was curious how it is with front and rear windshields on a KRX. I figure most people, like me don't want to waste alot of money on something that doesn't work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya. If a rear window is going to cause a dust bowl, I won't waste money getting one. This is precisely why I asked which one or if one at all, thanks, keep the comments coming.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
I ride in AZ, and dust is your co-pilot here. I have a full windshield and the Kawasaki soft rear window. With both on the machine, the dust is brutal in the cab. In the warm months, both come off, and I ride just using goggles w/tear-off’s and a Wolf-snout dusk mask.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rode here in Northern Az today, Tusk 1/2 windshield, no rear, no problem. Of course it was mid 60's and blue skies, so...

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts

View attachment 2054
I have the same roof and light bar. Did you have to remove the roof to install this windshield? I'm looking at the exact same one. I also have the kawasaki premium side mirrors that has a bracket on the roll bar. Any issues with the mirrors mounts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I removed the Kawasaki Glass windshield and bought the Super ATV flip up windshield, best of both worlds. The AZ dust was being sucked into the cab with the Kawi windshield making it unbearable. Very happy with the flip up windshield.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I removed the Kawasaki Glass windshield and bought the Super ATV flip up windshield, best of both worlds. The AZ dust was being sucked into the cab with the Kawi windshield making it unbearable. Very happy with the flip up windshield.
View attachment 2127
Love the graphics kit you have! What brand and is the quality on par with factory Kawasaki stickers?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love the graphics kit you have! What brand and is the quality on par with factory Kawasaki stickers?

The graphics are top quality, better than Kawasaki's they have a few different options, I emailed them and asked if they have specials, they responded with a 20% discount code.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
View attachment 2127
How’s this do with dust? Is it a magnet? Also, does it scratch when wiped down?

·
Registered
47 Posts
So far not a dust magnet, it does get dusty though like my glass windshield did. I take a damp man-made chamois with me to clean the windshield if it needs it, So far no scratches from cleaning it,

·
Registered
52 Posts
View attachment 2127
How tall are you and can you see under it ok ?
I have one on myxp1k and have to kind of look under it when flipped up.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
I’ve heard of this too. Or that the framework will be in the line of sight for some of us tall folks.
That’s why I didn’t go with a split. At 6’4” I knew that seam would bug the crap out of me!

That’s also why I didn’t go with any windshield that had a thick border. (Like the Kawi one)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
That’s why I didn’t go with a split. At 6’4” I knew that seam would bug the crap out of me!

That’s also why I didn’t go with any windshield that had a thick border. (Like the Kawi one)
I’m kind of split between the tusk windshield and dirt warrior. Tusk is full fold down with vents and metal border dirt warrior has great reviews.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
385 Posts
I went with the super atv flip with my krx from the start. I've since bought the kawi glass for winter because it seals the best with kawi upper doors. I do plan to go back to the flip come warm weather. My one complaint on the flip is I'm 6'1 an I do feel like I got to look under it when flipped up at times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts