Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

What winch are you all running?

16K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  Krx King 
#1 ·
I just received a KFI winch mount and a Warn Axon 45 winch. I knew this winch size might cause a clearance issue. I just got it installed and the passenger front upper A-arm comes into contact with the top of winch housing at droop. The winch housing is longer on that side from the spool then on the driver side. I ordered PRP limit straps to help, but may slot the winch mount holes and offset the winch 1/4in or so. I don’t think that will hurt anything. We’ll see. Anyway, I wanted to see what you all are doing.

See less See more
#6 ·
I didn’t have to slot the holes in winch mount. There was just enough room to drill new winch mounting holes 1/2in offset to the drivers side. That centered up the winch body between the upper A-arms and give barely enough clearance at full suspension droop. I’m still going to install the PRP shock limit straps when they arrive for extra insurance.

#9 ·
I’m running the super atv 4500 black ops with their winch Mount. Fit like a glove and the mount is quality. My only complaint which is not a big deal is that the winch comes with a handle bar switch and not a rocker switch option. I’ll try and post some pictures of the winch.

#24 ·
I will say for those of you with the Kawi warn winch or have the Contactor mounted in the same place by the battery that when mine got wet this past weekend the winch started rolling in ... I should ahve had a power switch instead of the key on power (that will be changed) but it surprised me and pulled in enough that I did not catch until the fairlead was broken.... Contactor dried out and everything is back to good now.... I am still going to replace the contactor and see if I cant make a little more water resistant.

#31 ·
I run a Motoalliance Viper v2 6000# narrow spool in a KFI mount.
I had the same problem when I tried to mount a widespool. After I exchanged it for a narrow spool it's good to go.

#33 ·
#34 ·
Warn high mount with Warn Axon 5500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.