Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
I bought the same winch...did you purchase from dealer? I purchased winch from Amazon, but was unsure which mount to get. Any help or insight is appreciated.
I bought the winch at Cabelas. I highly recommend getting the Kawasaki mounting kit. That winch/mounting bracket combo were designed to fit the KRX, so no worries about fitment, and it's a good stout mount.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’m running the super atv 4500 black ops with their winch Mount. Fit like a glove and the mount is quality. My only complaint which is not a big deal is that the winch comes with a handle bar switch and not a rocker switch option. I’ll try and post some pictures of the winch.
I’m running the exact same setup as you. And it is easy to cut the wires for the handle bar switch and wire in a rocker switch. I did it and it works great. I just wish the aftermarket front bumpers were out when I bought mine. I don’t like the winch buried so low on the machine. The warn bumper has the mounting area up higher. It makes it easier to get at when your buried and need to get the winch spooled out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m running the exact same setup as you. And it is easy to cut the wires for the handle bar switch and wire in a rocker switch. I did it and it works great. I just wish the aftermarket front bumpers were out when I bought mine. I don’t like the winch buried so low on the machine. The warn bumper has the mounting area up higher. It makes it easier to get at when your buried and need to get the winch spooled out.
i agree the rocker switch is super easy to install. Also thank you Kawi for having the loom in place to run the wires to the solenoid/ battery. installation of the winch took 3 hrs doing it by myself.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I will say for those of you with the Kawi warn winch or have the Contactor mounted in the same place by the battery that when mine got wet this past weekend the winch started rolling in ... I should ahve had a power switch instead of the key on power (that will be changed) but it surprised me and pulled in enough that I did not catch until the fairlead was broken.... Contactor dried out and everything is back to good now.... I am still going to replace the contactor and see if I cant make a little more water resistant.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
331 Posts
Anyone have the Superwinch Terra 45? Have one sitting here I am planning on using...
I think JRAOffroad has that. I had one on my wolverine for 4 years. I used it a ton. It never let me down once. Great winch. I’m running a viper 4500 now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Exactly why I bought mine. Buried my front end in beer can alley and the winch was above the muck. Hell, my hands didn't even get dirty when I twisted the hub lock. 🤣

21 - 29 of 29 Posts