Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a KFI winch mount and a Warn Axon 45 winch. I knew this winch size might cause a clearance issue. I just got it installed and the passenger front upper A-arm comes into contact with the top of winch housing at droop. The winch housing is longer on that side from the spool then on the driver side. I ordered PRP limit straps to help, but may slot the winch mount holes and offset the winch 1/4in or so. I don’t think that will hurt anything. We’ll see. Anyway, I wanted to see what you all are doing.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the EMP hitch on rear. I almost bought their winch mount too but the KFI was $10 cheaper. Both made of 3/16 and both made in USA

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had to sand n paint my EMP mount. Powder coating flaked off in huge chinks. Also I didnt care for design compared to others... At the time it was first one out so I bought it instead of Kawasaki mount.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn’t have to slot the holes in winch mount. There was just enough room to drill new winch mounting holes 1/2in offset to the drivers side. That centered up the winch body between the upper A-arms and give barely enough clearance at full suspension droop. I’m still going to install the PRP shock limit straps when they arrive for extra insurance.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
I bought a Warn VRX 45 and the Kawasaki mounting kit for mine. Kit was a little expensive, but worth the money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m running the super atv 4500 black ops with their winch Mount. Fit like a glove and the mount is quality. My only complaint which is not a big deal is that the winch comes with a handle bar switch and not a rocker switch option. I’ll try and post some pictures of the winch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m running the super atv 4500 black ops with their winch Mount. Fit like a glove and the mount is quality. My only complaint which is not a big deal is that the winch comes with a handle bar switch and not a rocker switch option. I’ll try and post some pictures of the winch.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I just finished installing the PRP shock limiting straps. That’s just extra insurance to keep the upper A-arms from contacting the winch housing.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
59 Posts
How was the install on the straps? I did those on my last machine and think it's cheap insurance.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had to buy a spring compressor, but other then that not bad. I’m thinking about ordering the rear limit straps now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts