Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has installed a normal car stereo/marine head unit for the sound system in the KRX, I have a sound bar installed now, but would like a little better sound than what I have. I've got most of the components already needed sitting in my garage other than the head unit. Just don't know if its worth the money to buy one.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
703 Posts
My only concern with a standard head unit designed for cars, is the constant pounding it will take from rough terrain.
The internal components are not made to withstand the “off road” vibrations.

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that also, then I got in my son's '85 3/4 ton with a 6" lift that will shake your teeth loose (on pavement or dirt road) and thought if his stereo can handle that ride consistently, it might not be a problem in the KRX.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just curious if anyone has installed a normal car stereo/marine head unit for the sound system in the KRX, I have a sound bar installed now, but would like a little better sound than what I have. I've got most of the components already needed sitting in my garage other than the head unit. Just don't know if its worth the money to buy one.

You won’t regret it

·
Registered
208 Posts
The vibration wouldn't worry me as much as the dust infiltrating the knobs and buttons rolling through the high desert if you're sporting a full windshield.

Crutchfield has a lot of marine units that that'd probably work fine and won't break the bank.

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, gives me something to think about during this long cold winter thats already started up here!

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
My only concern with a standard head unit designed for cars, is the constant pounding it will take from rough terrain.
The internal components are not made to withstand the “off road” vibrations.
Not if you get a “mechless”. CDs are outdated anyway, since Bluetooth and streaming leads the market now. I picked up a bracket from a guy on here and mounted a $65 pioneer head unit. 0 problems with it even in the dunes.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
703 Posts
Not if you get a “mechless”. CDs are outdated anyway, since Bluetooth and streaming leads the market now. I picked up a bracket from a guy on here and mounted a $65 pioneer head unit. 0 problems with it even in the dunes.
I agree, as most units designed for SBS are just Bluetooth ones. But as the OP was referring to “normal car stereo”, that’s why I made that comment.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go tell my cd collection that it’s still loved! 😝

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
I agree, as most units designed for SBS are just Bluetooth ones. But as the OP was referring to “normal car stereo”, that’s why I made that comment.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go tell my cd collection that it’s still loved! 😝
Hahaha seriously I have a binder full of them. Throwback to the 90’s. Especially my bass cds love those

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
I put four 6x9s and a amp into a custom box that I made. Looks almost factory and sounds awesome. Also I used a Sony media player that is in the dash. View attachment 2373
This is beautiful. I can’t believe what pro box and other companies charge for these systems. Some our north of 5k. Insane. If I had the talent to make one I would have done this also.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tablet with downloaded music library & GPS, BT noise canceling over-ear headphones ($65) = Great Music! A lot cheaper than what I sent on my Sound System for the General
More and more I'm thinking this is the way to go. I said I'd do this when I got the KRX and ended up doing a stereo again in it instead. The Sena headsets would be great. Intercom, music and short range coms all in one. You don't have to blast it to hear it on the road and can take a phone call.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
225 Posts
I’m sure it’s a joke then. Bangladesh.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
225 Posts
You like the sound system from them? Several of us are looking. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts