Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I searched the forum and couldn't find a topic so I'm curious...had you not bought your kRX what machine would have bought instead and why?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
Ok, so I searched the forum and couldn't find a topic so I'm curious...had you not bought your kRX what machine would have bought instead and why?
I would have bought a Talon X. I like how they look and aside from a harsh ride and lack of a true locker, everyone I know who has one really likes it.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I dont have a krx yet but I would've bought a talon x. But I want a crawler with a true locker. If I was gonna do the craziest hill climbs, I would want a rzr turbo s.
If I could only own 1 machine, I would buy a talon x4 for the extra seats and storage when I didn't have passengers.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
591 Posts
I already own a RZR turbo s as well, but besides a KRX....
I’d buy a Yamaha RMAX limited edition.
just love how well built they are, clearance I do believe they took a page from KRX on how well they are built. Suspension from what I’ve seen is pretty dam plush, good pep in its step.
and I do like the utility aspect of it.
seems get your money’s worth, have owned Yamaha grizzlies and currently have a Kodak 700, dependable!
Even the 4 seaters would be cool.
My choice on it

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would've bought a Can Am X3 RC without a doubt. Honestly we spent a couple weeks trying to figure out which SxS we wanted. We had it narrowed to the Can Am, Talon and KRX. We knew we wanted something for rock crawling and desert runs (no sand). We eventually passed on the Talon as it is a bit too small. Then ultimately when we discovered how much room there is behind the seats in the KRX, that sold us because that room is just enough for a built in cubby for our Doberman. She likes to ride, which I cannot say about our Mastiff...she likes to slobber and sleep. :)

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
just love how well built they are, clearance I do believe they took a page from KRX on how well they are built. Suspension from what I’ve seen is pretty dam plush, good pep in its step.
seems get your money’s worth, have owned Yamaha grizzlies and currently have a Kodak 700, dependable!
My choice on it
I forgot about the rmax. I change my mind. If I could only have 1 machine it would probably be an rmax.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Rmax 2 base model. They also have a wet clutch. The base 2 seater comes with a roof, I'm going to change tires anyway and the adventure pro is worthless so no reason to get a upgrade model . I like the bigger bed and the suspension would have been good enough before owning a KRX.

·
Registered
68 Posts
At this point, I will likely part company with my KRX very soon. It is a great machine, and the suspension is phenomenal, but I am finding I almost need 3 machines. One that fits in the bed of my long bed Ram and still allows me to pull my travel trailer (got this covered with my 50" RZR 900 Trail), a 4 or maybe even a 6 seater to haul guests around (maybe should have kept my Teryx4 for this), and a 2 seater with a dump bed so I can do some work around the property. Unfortunately, the KRX doesn't fit in any of these camps. I think right now, I would probably buy a 4 seat RMax and figure out the yard work thing next.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My choice on it
See... I was torn between the RMAX and the KRX. Personally I felt like the RMAX was cheaply built. Idk... I had an x2 when they first came out and every aspect of it felt cheap to me. After looking at the RMAX I felt the same way. Honestly I wanted something more sport utility but the teryx (had 2 of them) was just plain loud. I didn't notice the heat that everyone speaks about.. but I didn't feel there was a good mix to choose from till the RMAXX at that time.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rmax 2 base model. They also have a wet clutch. The base 2 seater comes with a roof, I'm going to change tires anyway and the adventure pro is worthless so no reason to get a upgrade model . I like the bigger bed and the suspension would have been good enough before owning a KRX.
That's route I would have went as well..base. I just didn't feel the build quality was there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At this point, I will likely part company with my KRX very soon. It is a great machine, and the suspension is phenomenal, but I am finding I almost need 3 machines. One that fits in the bed of my long bed Ram and still allows me to pull my travel trailer (got this covered with my 50" RZR 900 Trail), a 4 or maybe even a 6 seater to haul guests around (maybe should have kept my Teryx4 for this), and a 2 seater with a dump bed so I can do some work around the property. Unfortunately, the KRX doesn't fit in any of these camps. I think right now, I would probably buy a 4 seat RMax and figure out the yard work thing next.
I am in the same boat as I have land in Southern ohio outside of the house I own and live at.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts