Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a cordless pistol grip air compressor that I'd like to be able to charge if needed in the machine. The charger is a 120V 60Hz 15W output. The plan would be to buy a DC to AC adapter. The machine has no aftermarket lights/stereo etc. Can the KRX charging system handle this battery charger?

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
302 Posts
Hello,

I just bought a cordless pistol grip air compressor that I'd like to be able to charge if needed in the machine. The charger is a 120V 60Hz 15W output. The plan would be to buy a DC to AC adapter. The machine has no aftermarket lights/stereo etc. Can the KRX charging system handle this battery charger?
here’s my personal experience. It can handle anything you throw at it. The draw isn’t the problem, it’s replacing the draw. The stator puts out 15amps max. And that’s at 6500 rpm. For me if I run all of my accessories, the stator won’t keep up and eventually my headlights start flickering and my battery flattens. I’m looking into upgrading my battery and or a dual battery setup. Not interested in the $600 alternator kit plus labor that cant go under water. I think it would charge it but very very slow, as the system is a 12v compared to household which 110-120v.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
302 Posts
I want to say the stock battery is rated at 45 amp/hrs with 450 cold cranking amps. I made a mental note while wiring up my winch.
Yes it is. I’m looking at 40 series batteries. They’re in the 80-100 amp hours. Same height too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts