Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some ideas as I am fairly new to the UTV world. I have a 2020 with approx. 1400 miles on it. I have read and searched the topics of grooves in the clutch, which I had been checking periodically and it wasn't an issue until recently. On one ride I noticed the buggy was acting like it was shifting gears and I immediately thought about the clutch weights and the groove. Sure enough pulled the cover to blow it all out and I had a small groove in the clutch surface and the weights look to be pretty worn too.

So my questions are, since I am out of warranty, what are the options for the clutch? I will call Kawasaki and see if I can get them to replace since it seems to be a common issue but not holding out much hope for that. Can I continue to ride until the clutch groove gets much worse, or will that cause a whole lot of other problems? Can just the pulley be replaced? I only have a groove in the smaller pulley (is that the primary?).

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throw some new weights in it and you be good. Sounds like you only have the full out groove which is pretty normal.

Does it look like this? RCOR weights and a new belt fixed the shifting feeling.
Yep, that is exactly what I have. Thanks for the reply and the advice. I will get on that and order it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts