Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a polycarbonate windshield. Looking for one that won’t scratch with the kawi wiper. Is there one out there? Is the kawi brand the best choice? Rather not spend the 700 on the kawi glass. I just ordered the hard coated Super Atv polycarbonate windshield and read the instructions and it said not to be used with any wipers. And to blot dry with soft cloth. Blot dry? WTH you trial ride this machine and you need to BLOT DRY smh. Thanks for any input!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
Don't think there is such a thing as a wiper proof poly windshield. They will ALL scratch. Anybody who tries to tell you different isn't being honest with you. You want a wiper, you are going to have to pony up the bucks for a glass windshield. Myself, I went with the Dirt Warriors glass with manual wiper. I wouldn't buy any windshield that doesn't have the huge lower vent. All the ones with small or slotted vents don't let enough airflow through to do any good. They will be hot and dusty. Spend the money once and get a quality windshield.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think there is such a thing as a wiper proof poly windshield. They will ALL scratch. Anybody who tries to tell you different isn't being honest with you. You want a wiper, you are going to have to pony up the bucks for a glass windshield. Myself, I went with the Dirt Warriors glass with manual wiper. I wouldn't buy any windshield that doesn't have the huge lower vent. All the ones with small or slotted vents don't let enough airflow through to do any good. They will be hot and dusty. Spend the money once and get a quality windshield.
Thank you I know that’s the best way to go but I like having full view and not having 6 to 7 inches taken away from the bottom

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
Thank you I know that’s the best way to go but I like having full view and not having 6 to 7 inches taken away from the bottom
That's another reason to have the large vents on the bottom. Very little view lost at the bottom with vents open.

This short video shows how good the vision is with the vents open.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
While I loved my dirt warrior vented windshield on my last KRX, I went with factory full glass non-vented this time on the new eS model, The dirt warrior DOES block a lot of the line of sight, even with vents open to view through.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
466 Posts
Check out UTVZilla, almost identical to dirt warrior but tinted Polly on the bottom

Reactions: Chris Novack

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
While I loved my dirt warrior vented windshield on my last KRX, I went with factory full glass non-vented this time on the new eS model, The dirt warrior DOES block a lot of the line of sight, even with vents open to view through.
Guess we have very different definitions of what a lot of line of sight is. :LOL: My video above shows it pretty well. I will take that inch or so of window frame any day over a non-vented windshield. ;)

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
600 Posts
The kawi glass has awesome line of sight. But way to hot in the summer. The super atv flip gives you the most air flow 2nd to no windshield. But u can't run a wiper with it. I couldnt find one perfect solution so that's why I have both

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I run the kawi glass in the winter an super atv flip in the summer.
Big $$ for kawi glass but it has the best view of all. But no vents. If I was to get kawi glass I’d fab some vents in other roof. I live in central Florida so it’s hot and dusty. Need vents but we get rain almost every other day too, windshield is needed.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I tried the poly flip windshield, but it scratched as expected. I now have Tusk glass that folds down. It comes with a wiper which works great in rain and mud. When it's hot I just flip it down, much cooler.

·
Premium Member
2008 Polaris RZR-X
22 Posts
I tried the poly flip windshield, but it scratched as expected. I now have Tusk glass that folds down. It comes with a wiper which works great in rain and mud. When it's hot I just flip it down, much cooler.
Purchased the Tusk glass fold down but mine came with broken glass and when I returned it they said that it won't be available until Jan 7th 2022 which really screwed me up to get the KRX inspected for road legal plates so I have the old RZR glass with wiper from my 50" that I will have to fabricate brackets so I can get it inspected then wait until next year to get the Tusk replacement.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Love my Dirt Warrior glass windshield. Although I like the increased visibility of the Kawasaki factory glass, it is not vented, and there is no way I could deal with the lack of airflow during the warmer months.

Reactions: BobX2

·
Registered
131 Posts
I opted for the full factory glass windshield with wiper as we live where rain can happen any time and lots of mountains. Just waiting still for dealer to receive windshield and install on new krx for pick up hopefully this week. Tried poly windshields and scratch every time. Love our glass windshield on our other utv but really needed a wiper so full factory for us and it may come to soft top doors and rear glass too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts