Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 #TeamGreen
125 Posts
Just in case anyone’s wondering 35” XTR 370’s on 15x7 3.5+3.5 rims will rub…wish I had went with 33’s so that I didn’t have to take a saw to the bottom corner of my fenders.

Looks are amazing! Rubbing… not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great!

I wonder if a 5+2 or 6+1 would help. I know it doesn't fix your issue with your wheels but for those who will be upgrading their 4seaters. I know 35s will go on the 2seater with 5+2s and not rub.

Reactions: Tyekay2390

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
603 Posts
How much ground clearance under front and rear?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tapatalk is giving me all kinds of issues tonight with posting pics, sorry for so many posts.

This is at full lock, suspension set on firm and 8.5 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgot to add, the bottom fender pics are photos of after I removed the plastic side guards to see how bad it was gonna be. Those pieces hit more
than the fender pieces but at a compressed suspension I'm definitely screwed without something changing for sure. If going 35's definitely double think a 3.5+3.5 back spacing.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,122 Posts
Educate me. That wheel offset moved them inboard more than the stock wheels? I only run stock wheels so never got into the math on offsets. Yours look wider than stock but that would make them clear, or I'm just confused. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Educate me. That wheel offset moved them inboard more than the stock wheels? I only run stock wheels so never got into the math on offsets. Yours look wider than stock but that would make them clear, or I'm just confused. Thanks for sharing!
The 3.5" offset moves the rim out 2" farther than the stock rim. You get a lot more tire scrub which effects handling. It also hurts fender clearance when turning.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sure looks sharp. I guess stock offset is way to go? I hear these run true to size while most other tires dont so comparison is 35" are really 33" except for 370's which are 34.5"? Am i correct in this assumption? Maybe I should get some 33" xtr or a 35" in other brands?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Angus, I am not sure what yo tell ya but hopefully you will be able to make a better decision based on what I have done here.

I am at a loss, I am unsure what direction to take from here.

If I downsize tire will I find issues with the handling because of the wheel offset like snuffnwhiskey did.

If I get forward a-arms will it cause more issues and still need to replace wheels/tires

If I trim, then find I have handling issues like snuffnwhiskey and then my machine is cut on and I still need new wheels/tires

Anyone want some new wheels? lol :LOL:

I kinda feel like they might be a root cause to a lot of my issues. Hopefully I'll find a good solution. If anyone has others, please
keep em coming, I'm listening and want to make some good/informed decision

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I traded mine for another set of stock beadlock rims. 1" spacer all around.
Well I was always good for a little additional width on the 4 seater so I hate to go completely back to stock
size if I can find a good alternate solution. Do you think a 5-2 would have also worked? I'm not so sure that
a 4-3 would have been a ton better. I'll have to look at it some more tomorrow and contemplate that.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts