Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, stock clutch weights weigh about 86 grams each. Does anyone know the weight of the new JBS and RCOR weights?
Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't but with this style fly weight the overall weight isn't much to go off of. It's were the weight is from the pivot point that makes the most difference.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
187 Posts
I don't but with this style fly weight the overall weight isn't much to go off of. It's were the weight is from the pivot point that makes the most difference.
What he said, the arch of the RCOR weight is way different than stock. It's got a more pronounced arch shape.

Reactions: MOKRX

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Had one of my machinist cut this set. 1mm more arch than stock and 12 mm wide. Weighs 81.8 grams. Just installed them. Have not timed it but feels good. Really nice for cruising. Brought the rpm down. I have a pv3 and it still ran right up to 72.

·
Registered
Blue 2021 KRX
28 Posts
How much did it bring the rpms down? I like that Idea of lower rpms. My ranger has lower rpms at 50 mph than the my Krx

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am glad to hear someone else is working on this item. I know when l installed RCOR weights you can feel the extra power n pick up right off the bat. Really liked them when l 1st put them in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Playsndirt,
See pics of mph v rpm. Conditions are, fly weights pictures above, no primary spring. Test was done this morning on blacktop that was very near dead flat.

·
Registered
Blue 2021 KRX
28 Posts
Just checked mine, no primary spring, black top, 27 mph 5150 rpms, 53 mph 7500 rpms. Looks like your going in the right direction for my likings, can you get lower yet ? I would like that very much.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just checked mine, no primary spring, black top, 27 mph 5150 rpms, 53 mph 7500 rpms. Looks like your going in the right direction for my likings, can you get lower yet ? I would like that very much.
[/QUOTE
I don’t think I would try to lower the mid range rpm any more by manipulating the weights. The higher ramp puts you in clutch phase earlier and takes low end. So no, by weights alone, I don’t think I can get the rpm lower without killing performance somewhere else. It’s a balancing act with these clutches and I’m no pro at all. I’d love to see others take a shot at this and I can share cad models if anyone is so inclined. Have a good day all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any chance you’ll create some billet ones?
What do you mean by billet? In my world (mold making) billet is usually referencing 6061 aluminum. We cut these weights from a bar of 4140 steel. If you’re thinking of cutting them from aluminum billet, I have zero confidence they would last.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
What do you mean by billet? In my world (mold making) billet is usually referencing 6061 aluminum. We cut these weights from a bar of 4140 steel. If you’re thinking of cutting them from aluminum billet, I have zero confidence they would last.
Billet is compression forged aluminum that is CNC machined.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts