Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Trapping a rock that cracks a wheel seems to happen a lot to Mavericks... some of the fix's are to remove the scrapers, get bigger wheels, add Rockbloks.. but the #1 thing I would recommend is to always carry some JB weld with you.. My buddy cracked a spot in his wheel from a trapped rock the same way you described out on the trail.. Happen to have a small piece of emery cloth and some JB weld to apply over it at with in a few it held air and we were rolling.. He purchased a new tire and wheel that he carries for a spare but is still rolling on that wheel and that was a year ago..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Trapping a rock that cracks a wheel seems to happen a lot to Mavericks... some of the fix's are to remove the scrapers, get bigger wheels, add Rockbloks.. but the #1 thing I would recommend is to always carry some JB weld with you.. My buddy cracked a spot in his wheel from a trapped rock the same way you described out on the trail.. Happen to have a small piece of emery cloth and some JB weld to apply over it at with in a few it held air and we were rolling.. He purchased a new tire and wheel that he carries for a spare but is still rolling on that wheel and that was a year ago..
Good ol JB Weld! where would we be without it. Oh and duct tape too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts