Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a warp9 racing seat tilt /removal kit today. I'm impressed with the quality of this kit. I picked this kit because of it being one of the lightest kits compared to others. It also only raise the seat height 5/8" I can now easy access the air cleaner & take the seat out by just pulling a couple of pins.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I installed a warp9 racing seat tilt /removal kit today. I'm impressed with the quality of this kit. I picked this kit because of it being one of the lightest kits compared to others. It also only raise the seat height 5/8" I can now easy access the air cleaner & take the seat out by just pulling a couple of pins.
I bought a set for my KRX and they won't work. Kawasaki changed the size of the 4 bolts that hold the seat bracket on. He sent me some different bolts but it still wouldn't work with the brackets in the kit. Mine was the first that he had with this issue with. He has since had others that have the same issue. He is machining new brackets that will work with the kawasaki changed bolt size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They are nice but there is another company that sells a good looking functioning kit for the same price that does both seats. I haven't purchased either but will probably buy the 100 dollar a seat option

·
Registered
132 Posts
They are nice but there is another company that sells a good looking functioning kit for the same price that does both seats. I haven't purchased either but will probably buy the 100 dollar a seat option
I need some what company is that?

·
Registered
641 Posts
For those doing seat modifications, I found this on Marked Motorsports site concerning Kawasaki seat bolt changes. FWIW
PLEASE READ!
7/14/2021: Kawasaki has made a seat mounting bolt change.

The exact production date change from Kawasaki is unknown at this time. We do know any car built after 4/21 needs to be checked before purchase of any seat kit. PLEASE check your seat mounting bolts before ordering this kit. If your seats take a 12mm socket or wrench to remove them, then use the drop down menu above to choose OPTIONS: For 12mm bolts.

If you seats take a 14mm socket or wrench to remove them then use the drop down menu above to choose OPTIONS: For 14mm bolts.

_

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here is another option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a set for my KRX and they won't work. Kawasaki changed the size of the 4 bolts that hold the seat bracket on. He sent me some different bolts but it still wouldn't work with the brackets in the kit. Mine was the first that he had with this issue with. He has since had others that have the same issue. He is machining new brackets that will work with the kawasaki changed bolt size.
I had the same issue with a 2021. Called Warp 9 with new bolt specs and they changed milling and bolts to match new specs and the new units indeed do fit. Just installed yesterday. Be sure to let them know which model and year...it's important when ordering.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue with a 2021. Called Warp 9 with new bolt specs and they changed milling and bolts to match new specs and the new units indeed do fit. Just installed yesterday. Be sure to let them know which model and year...it's important when ordering.
..BTW..mine was the 2nd. He mentioned he sent bolts to another person and didn't hear anything. Aluminum bases need to be changed as well.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
..BTW..mine was the 2nd. He mentioned he sent bolts to another person and didn't hear anything. Aluminum bases need to be changed as well.
Yes he sent bolts 2 different times. When I talked to him the last time he said he had a couple more people with the issue. Said he was making new brackets but I still haven't gotten them yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts