Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent my ecu off to vforce John and all I have to say is, it’s like driving a different machine. I cut the cat out of the muffler and let him do the stage 2 tune so I have to run 93 or higher in it. Well worth the money if you want to get that lag out of the throttle get it tuned. Very pleased with the way it is now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was running a special and doing them for $250 I think the regular price is $300
Interstate Motorsports
111 Vulcan Hill Rd.
Barnesville, PA 18214

Call Monday-Friday 9am 6pm EST
Shop (570) 773-1240

email [email protected]

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000 "Green Goblin"
34 Posts
Sent my ecu off to vforce John and all I have to say is, it’s like driving a different machine. I cut the cat out of the muffler and let him do the stage 2 tune so I have to run 93 or higher in it. Well worth the money if you want to get that lag out of the throttle get it tuned. Very pleased with the way it is now.
Any backfiring issues with the cat delete either before or after the ecu upgrade?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a few backfires after the tune, I was told that was normal as the machine is relearning the tune.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive seen that video. I commented with a question about the backfire issue but never got a response for them. I deleted my cat and have put on about 100 mi since, still stock ECU but backfire is still there especially at low speed or long decel followed by getting back to throttle. Putting the spark arrester back in helped some. Ive talked to VFJ and he said this wont go away with cat delete on stock exhaust. Just trying to see if anyone out there has found any other mods to stock exhaust to fix the backfire issue.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lean..
I have same issue with flash, make sure you run 93 octane, and from a reputable dealer, don't get crap gas...

I run Lucas injector cleaner thru often..
Fuel filter is in gas tank + bad gas=
No bueno

·
Registered
102 Posts
I haven't looked but could you put in an external fuel filter that would be easy to get too?
Have you contacted ALBA to let them know it's running lean?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I haven't looked but could you put in an external fuel filter that would be easy to get too?
Have you contacted ALBA to let them know it's running lean?
Yes to both

But, I have fuel filter issue, going to address all when turbo comes in, as will need all to change and new flash anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Agreed Rock Heap. VFJ says he cant put enough fuel to it when it goes to eco mode. Im thinking it has something to do with location of the O2 sensor and the the stock cat. once cat removed it confuses 02 sensor at low rpm.
Outrun, it does both. just pops at slow or low rpm. If I run hard I have no issues. If Im running hard and have a long downhill off the gas and then low rpm after I get a big backfire, shotgun sound. temps are from 180 to 190.
Mike, I only run 93 octane. Good idea on the FI cleaner though.

I just ordered a super trapp end with the tunable discs. gonna try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the Super Trap diffuser installed a couple days ago and went for a quick ride. Way too restrictive, lost a lot of power. So I went to hardware store and got some new bolts and a bunch of washers. I installed washers between 10 of the 12 discs and went back out yesterday. MUCH better, got all my power back! Still had backfiring so I started taking washers out 2 discs at a time. Got down to 4 discs with washers, 8 without. Power is still great and backfiring is greatly improved. So far Im very pleased with the results. Ill keep post as I tune on it some more.
Got My new Tusk skid plate yesterday so that is going on today also!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got the Super Trap diffuser installed a couple days ago and went for a quick ride. Way too restrictive, lost a lot of power. So I went to hardware store and got some new bolts and a bunch of washers. I installed washers between 10 of the 12 discs and went back out yesterday. MUCH better, got all my power back! Still had backfiring so I started taking washers out 2 discs at a time. Got down to 4 discs with washers, 8 without. Power is still great and backfiring is greatly improved. So far Im very pleased with the results. Ill keep post as I tune on it some more.
Got My new Tusk skid plate yesterday so that is going on today also!!
How's the Tusk skid plate look? Quality product?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The skid plate is great. 3/8" UHMW. Its in 3 pieces. I didnt get it installed yesterday. I went out for a ride instead. Waiting on a buddy to help with the install. The middle and back piece are kinda heavy to hold up and get bolts in. Its $499+tax and got here in 3 days from UT. I have the Tusk aluminum top and like it as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The skid plate is great. 3/8" UHMW. Its in 3 pieces. I didnt get it installed yesterday. I went out for a ride instead. Waiting on a buddy to help with the install. The middle and back piece are kinda heavy to hold up and get bolts in. Its $499+tax and got here in 3 days from UT. I have the Tusk aluminum top and like it as well.
Appreciate, sounds good!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts