Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went down and test drive one yesterday as we sold our rzr and we're ready to buy. Fire it up and head down the road, damn this thing is louder than a Detroit diesel except at idle. WTF ? Power seemed ok but not exceptional drives ok, nice and roomy but damn that engine is loud ! Just me or what?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
219 Posts
I didn't find mine to be any louder than my General was. It is a much different tone, and the RPM's are quite a bit higher, but the actual volume isn't higher. Might be worth another drive with that in mind, or maybe drive a different one and see if it sounds the same to you.
I agree that it is not a power house, but with the torque and gearing, nothing stops it. It won't jump off the line or win a drag race, but it will climb a tree. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought that at first too. It really isnt. My T4 is loud. It depends on your speed. A rzr is quieter at some speeds and not at other imop. Can ams about the same imop. It isnt the quietest I agree. I think its the clutching and rpm. It is lagged at takeoffs which again is clutching to achieve smoothness. I like that as I HATE the rough engagements of others like RZR. Ya need to push krx to see it does handle drive pretty good. Ride softens up as well. Never seems to get squierrrrlly! Very composed ride. RZR is twitchy and more responsive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I have a friend that bought one and loves it. I have plans to go down to his place and drive his around the mountains a bit before i decide. I really like the whole setup and feel like kawi did a great job, guess i just need to give it a chance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree that the motor is loud. I use those foam ear plugs and it makes it bearable. If noise is a consideration, the a Yamaha x2 was the quietest machine I test drove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts