Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Kawasaki 1\2 windshield. Unfortunately, I am going to replace it due to the distortion from the windshield in my line of vision. I ride in Utah, see a lot of sun and dust, some rain. In my old machine, I really liked the 1/2 windshield, even in rain and mud. The folks with full windshields were always stopping to clean their windshields, or complaining of heat. I was looking at vented windshields for the KRX. The two options seem to be two black rubber (?) framed vents at the bottom, or one wide framed vent at the top. Has anyone had experience with either of these vented windshields? My worry is line of sight interference, as well as functionality. I like the looks of the vented windshield for the razor, the one in which the bottom 1/8 of the windshield tips up. This style isn’t available. Anyone have the Tusk 1\2 windshield installed? All comments appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the SATV vented full WS. In the cold weather, it's been great. But as it warms up, I'm starting to get warm, even with the vent open full. I expected this, though, so I'm not complaining. My only gripe is that the way the vent is made you cannot seal it off completely, and when raining the rain runs up the window at 40 mph and comes in around the edges of the vent.

I suspect that any full WS will get hot, regardless of brand or vent

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
31 Posts
There is a you tube video review of a vented full windshield. I believe its deranged offroad you'll find it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the SATV vented full WS. In the cold weather, it's been great. But as it warms up, I'm starting to get warm, even with the vent open full. I expected this, though, so I'm not complaining. My only gripe is that the way the vent is made you cannot seal it off completely, and when raining the rain runs up the window at 40 mph and comes in around the edges of the vent.

I suspect that any full WS will get hot, regardless of brand or vent
This one from super ATV is on my consider list. I’m 6’3”, and my eye level is at the rear view mirror. Is the top vent at your eye level? Does the vent cause any visual interference? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
This one from super ATV is on my consider list. I’m 6’3”, and my eye level is at the rear view mirror. Is the top vent at your eye level? Does the vent cause any visual interference? Thanks
I'm also 6'3" and it doesn't mess with my line of sight at all. For the price I paid, I'd buy it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts