Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one having problems with their krx not starting after filling? I've got 320 miles on mine and its done it twice. I have to pin throttle to floor to get it to fire. Found a guy on you tube having same issue, he picked up a roll over valve part # vvr-il he said it fixed the issue and as a bonus it fixed fuel gauge issue as well. I ordered one from summit racing today, ill post if it fixes mine.

·
Registered
286 Posts
any one having problems with their krx not starting after filling? I've got 320 miles on mine and its done it twice. I have to pin throttle to floor to get it to fire. Found a guy on you tube having same issue, he picked up a roll over valve part # vvr-il he said it fixed the issue and as a bonus it fixed fuel gauge issue as well. I ordered one from summit racing today, ill post if it fixes mine.
Please do,

I am to very interested in this

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
I've found that if I hop in and turn the key and try to start it without pausing to let the fuel pump cycle on, it can be difficult to start. This has never happened when I pause before trying to start.
Not sure how the roll over valve would have any effect on the fuel gauge??? I will be interested to hear if you notice anything different with yours after installing the valve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found that if I hop in and turn the key and try to start it without pausing to let the fuel pump cycle on, it can be difficult to start. This has never happened when I pause before trying to start.
Not sure how the roll over valve would have any effect on the fuel gauge??? I will be interested to hear if you notice anything different with yours after installing the valve.
I always let the fuel pump cycle before starting, but am having that issue regardless, hope it fixes the problem, still is an awesome machine, haven't found a hill it can't climb, its a beast.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I installed the rollover valve, taking machine out this weekend, I'll let you know if it fix issues
Awesome man...

What a coincidental, my valve came in today I'm going to install it..
Please let me know what you see, unfortunately I can't, as I am waiting on my ECU to come back from flash

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do, I smeared some dielectric grease on the barbs, that valve is pretty fat compared to the hose. Open gass cap before removing hose, i didn't think about it, shot gass every where. Let me know how the ecu flash goes. Hope it wakes machine up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome man...

What a coincidental, my valve came in today I'm going to install it..
Please let me know what you see, unfortunately I can't, as I am waiting on my ECU to come back from flash
Just got back from a 4 hour ride, new valve works great, down side fuel level still off. Still had 4 gallons at 1 bar.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well shuxx..
Installed mine yesterday (didn't get gased, seen a vid someone installing and mentioned)..
Haven't rode yet, as still waiting on ECU flash (which arrives tomorrow)

Was surely hoping would fix the gas tank read....
Well the pressure fixed is good to, as I have the no start vapor lock.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
I think the rollover vent valve helped my fuel gauge. It completely eliminated tank pressure and I think it made my fuel gauge more accurate. Before installation, the gauge would drop to empty quickly but still wouldn’t hold 5 gallon when I tried to top it off. I have ran the whole tank down yet, but it was showing half tank today so I went to fill it up before trip. I poured a 5 gallon jug into it. I want to be able to trust the gauge and have faith in it before I push it too far. The new vent valve definitely seems to help though. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think the rollover vent valve helped my fuel gauge. It completely eliminated tank pressure and I think it made my fuel gauge more accurate. Before installation, the gauge would drop to empty quickly but still wouldn’t hold 5 gallon when I tried to top it off. I have ran the whole tank down yet, but it was showing half tank today so I went to fill it up before trip. I poured a 5 gallon jug into it. I want to be able to trust the gauge and have faith in it before I push it too far. The new vent valve definitely seems to help though. I highly recommend it.
Good info,
I think alot of us have bought it, I haven't ran mine far enough to notice.. but Everytime I stop tank has to pressure on cap!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
Good info,
I think alot of us have bought it, I haven't ran mine far enough to notice.. but Everytime I stop tank has to pressure on cap!
Are you saying that you still have a pressurized tank, even with the roll-over valve installed?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts