Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V force John tune
Received my CPU ( Tune #2 ) back from V Force John yesterday, I took my UTV out after installing the CPU and the recommended Empire Exhaust that V Force John recommended, then did a thorough test on it,
all I can say is( Holy SHIT ) WOW WOW WOW, I knew I was going to get a performance increase but I was not ready for what I got this thing literally set you back in the seat not only with instant throttle response but in mid range and then when it goes to the high RPM range it’s like a whole Nother animal up there,
This is got to be one of the most impressive tunes on the market, thank you very much for the TUNE John you did an outstanding job on this tune.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
240 Posts
How critical is the recommended exhaust? The reason I ask is the Empire is a little flashy to me. I am partial to the MBRP exhaust.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
240 Posts
I see they have a single and a dual. I guess the single is not bad looking and I could deal with that one. Can you advise on what one he recommends?

·
Registered
98 Posts
How critical is the recommended exhaust? The reason I ask is the Empire is a little flashy to me. I am partial to the MBRP exhaust.
I was wondering the same thing and i agree, the dual Empire is a little flashy. I kinda like the look of the Evo but haven't heard to many sound clips of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be a question for V force John but if you’re looking for less flashy they also make the empire exhaust in black.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see they have a single and a dual. I guess the single is not bad looking and I could deal with that one. Can you advise on what one he recommends?
It was recommended because with the quiet cores in the Dooleys you don’t lose any performance were in a single you’ll lose a little performance with a quiet core.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was wondering the same thing and i agree, the dual Empire is a little flashy. I kinda like the look of the Evo but haven't heard to many sound clips of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
The Empire Dooleys also come in black less flashy, I like the bling😃👍

·
Banned
487 Posts
You don’t have to do the aftermarket exhaust... stock muffler can be ran in ether configuration with the cat gutted or not. Mid and low range is where you’ll see your best gains. It’s totally worth the $250!

NOTE... if you run the stage 2 tune you’ll need to run premium fuel. Low power mode in the S2 tune will pull timing in case you only have 87 this change does away with the throttle restrictions.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
240 Posts
Thanks you just cost me money... I'm getting ready to pull the ECU to send off to John.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
V force John tune
Received my CPU ( Tune #2 ) back from V Force John yesterday, I took my UTV out after installing the CPU and the recommended Empire Exhaust that V Force John recommended, then did a thorough test on it,
all I can say is( Holy SHIT ) WOW WOW WOW, I knew I was going to get a performance increase but I was not ready for what I got this thing literally set you back in the seat not only with instant throttle response but in mid range and then when it goes to the high RPM range it’s like a whole Nother animal up there,
This is got to be one of the most impressive tunes on the market, thank you very much for the TUNE John you did an outstanding job on this tune.
So what do you get with stage 2 tune? Take off limits or just power? How much is it? Thanks for any answers looking at getting a KRX next month.

·
Banned
487 Posts
So what do you get with stage 2 tune? Take off limits or just power? How much is it? Thanks for any answers looking at getting a KRX next month.
$250 it changes timing and other parameters. You lose the “low power mode” for a different fuel map. And you’ll gave to run premium. But it’s a significant improvement over stock.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
240 Posts
If you have the Stage II, low power mode is basically what you run if you don't have premium fuel available?

·
Registered
2020 KRX
240 Posts
Awesome thanks. I have my ECU back from John but my muffler isn't here yet to try it out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts