Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those with the glass UTVZilla front windshield. Does it fit OK (especially the vents) along the hood? All I have to go on are their photos and this one makes it look like there might be a problem. Is this how it fits or is the windshield just mounted too low in the photo?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
For those with the glass UTVZilla front windshield. Does it fit OK (especially the vents) along the hood?, All I have to go on are their photos and this one makes it look like there might be a problem. Is this how it fits or is the windshield just mounted too low in the photo?
View attachment 5405
That’s how it fits. The rubber seal does hit the plastic when extending or retracting the vent. A small tug and it will go past it. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
466 Posts
SpeedyG is on the money. There is a bit of room for up and down movement if needed but the outside corners of the vents just barely contact the hood.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do appreciate the insight and the real world pictures. With a little vertical adjustment and the option to trim the vents, I believe I'll pull the trigger on this windshield. Noting that there is a bit of a gap along the top and sides of the vents, is there an issue with alot of water leaking in? I would expect some infiltration and wonder if tucking a strip of thin rubber up under the glass gasket would help along the top? Think I'll give it a try when the windshield gets here. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
I do appreciate the insight and the real world pictures. With a little vertical adjustment and the option to trim the vents, I believe I'll pull the trigger on this windshield. Noting that there is a bit of a gap along the top and sides of the vents, is there an issue with alot of water leaking in? I would expect some infiltration and wonder if tucking a strip of thin rubber up under the glass gasket would help along the top? Think I'll give it a try when the windshield gets here. Thanks
Not enough for it to be a problem. I got caught in a super heavy rain once. Windshield wasn’t the problem it was not having any type of covers on the doors.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the roof is definitely narrower than the body, and the blue roof I have does not incorporate any sort of rain gutter/channel. I don't really want upper half doors, so I'm looking for rain deflecting alternatives. The years I spent in Western Washington taught me if you don't like to get wet, you'll never do anything outside. I like to do things outside, and you can always dry off.....

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
Yeah, the roof is definitely narrower than the body, and the blue roof I have does not incorporate any sort of rain gutter/channel. I don't really want upper half doors, so I'm looking for rain deflecting alternatives. The years I spent in Western Washington taught me if you don't like to get wet, you'll never do anything outside. I like to do things outside, and you can always dry off.....
I’ve heard of that issue with those roofs. I have the sport roof and don’t have that issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the Sport Roof on my eS with no issues. I did trim the outside corners of the vent weather strips to clear the hood plastic a bit better. Not a problem. Everything works great and it’s a great price including the manual wiper. I recommend it 😁

·
Registered
170 Posts
Been getting pretty tired of my Super ATV shield flip up shiled turning into a waterfall everytime it rains. Wonder if this will work with an aftermarket cage? Been looking for a glass alternative that vents, most cage vendors have a DOT glass option but don't have vents...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
Been getting pretty tired of my Super ATV shield flip up shiled turning into a waterfall everytime it rains. Wonder if this will work with an aftermarket cage? Been looking for a glass alternative that vents, most cage vendors have a DOT glass option but don't have vents...
That’d depend on how big the opening is on your custom cage. The windshield seals perfectly on stock cage. If the opening is about the same I suppose you could make it work.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UTVZilla front glass went on yesterday. Had to pop the roof up to get it up and under. Other than that, real simple install. Took it out this afternoon and realized I need to block off about an inch gap up top. Roof came with some pretty thick foam weatherstripping, will try that or just stuff some pipe insulation in the gap.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,357 Posts
UTVZilla front glass went on yesterday. Had to pop the roof up to get it up and under. Other than that, real simple install. Took it out this afternoon and realized I need to block off about an inch gap up top. Roof came with some pretty thick foam weatherstripping, will try that or just stuff some pipe insulation in the gap.
Yup, toss that foam weatherstripping at the top to close the gap between the roof and windshield. TIP: take a sharpie and draw a line from the front of the windshield on the underside of the roof. That way you can install the weatherstripping in the perfect spot so when you put the roof back on, it seals perfectly to keep out water and dust.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got two Zillas on order for the machines, what are yas recommending for the rear?
Don't know what I want so any suggestions are appreciated.
Mainly dust draft mitigation from what I've read is kinda needed.
We'll dress for the cold or find riding areas further to the South.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The Tusk glass rear looks interesting
Yes sir, Tusk glass is on the short list.
I just finished installing the Tusk rear glass a few days ago. The windshield fits very well, visibility is excellent, overall I'm very pleased with it. I was originally going to use it just for winter, but solo install was a bear. It only goes one way up at the cage, a helper is a real good idea. As is a dab of silicone lube where the bulb seal fits into the slot at each upper corner. I did take the air intakes and the rear cover off, but getting the rear cover back on under the windshield took some effort. If I were to change one thing, I'd cut the long bulb seal where it twists at the bend in the cage. You can see that below. Then I'd install the cut off piece backward so it fits against the cage better. May still do that, but not without an extra set of hands.

The UTVZilla up front with a small piece foam on each vent corner to hold them shut tight.

Reactions: 98whitelightnin

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
I just finished installing the Tusk rear glass a few days ago. The windshield fits very well, visibility is excellent, overall I'm very pleased with it. I was originally going to use it just for winter, but solo install was a bear. It only goes one way up at the cage, a helper is a real good idea. As is a dab of silicone lube where the bulb seal fits into the slot at each upper corner. I did take the air intakes and the rear cover off, but getting the rear cover back on under the windshield took some effort. If I were to change one thing, I'd cut the long bulb seal where it twists at the bend in the cage. You can see that below. Then I'd install the cut off piece backward so it fits against the cage better. May still do that, but not without an extra set of hands.
View attachment 5911

View attachment 5912

The UTVZilla up front with a small piece foam on each vent corner to hold them shut tight.
View attachment 5913
Does it get hot in there or is it ok with the vents open?

·
Registered
2021 Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does it get hot in there or is it ok with the vents open?
I won't know until next summer, temp here has chilled down into the 20s overnight and 40s during the day. The UTVZilla/Tusk combo was originally going to be a cold weather setup, but I may leave it on year round. There's more than enough airflow from the large front vents and the gap at the top of both windshields. The UTVZilla funnels alot of air up under the roof, through the gap and into the cab. That air runs along the top of the cab and out the gap of the Tusk. I seriously doubt any great amount of dust is going to get sucked into the back of the cab. If anything, I'd switch back to the 3 Star half front for summer simply because the fronts are easier to swap out. The soft panel I used this last summer never was zipped open and temps were very tolerable.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts