Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a 2021 KRX. Are the bugs worked out....Knuckles, hubs, one way bearing, clutch , dogs etc.?
Thx

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
The knuckles were addressed and fixed in the mid to late model 2020's. The one way bearing appears to have been limited to a select few early 2020 models, reportedly from a bad batch of bearings received by Kawasaki. (along with improper break in practices) Hubs, clutch, dogs??? There are no "bugs" with these that I am aware of. Don't even know what "dogs" are?

·
Registered
178 Posts
T clutch , dogs etc.?
Thx
Assuming you mean the clutch weights? Mine were worn badly at 1400 miles. effected shifting, made it notchy, for lack if a better term. They likely would have been covered, but I got some Right Coast adjustable weights and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Assuming you mean the clutch weights? Mine were worn badly at 1400 miles. effected shifting, made it notchy, for lack if a better term. They likely would have been covered, but I got some Right Coast adjustable weights and fixed the problem.
You running a primary spring with those weights or no?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks. I'm thinking his weights are probably the best going right now.
I don't have a lot of time on them yet, but so far I like. They really seemed to smooth out the feel of the clutch ramp up, and adjustability is good as I now run 35" sires.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
444 Posts
The knuckles were addressed and fixed in the mid to late model 2020's. The one way bearing appears to have been limited to a select few early 2020 models, reportedly from a bad batch of bearings received by Kawasaki. (along with improper break in practices) Hubs, clutch, dogs??? There are no "bugs" with these that I am aware of. Don't even know what "dogs" are?
Well you know just like the cats and chickens... lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts