Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a bummer of a day. Went out with full intentions of buying today. 4 dealers visited and I now realize I will have to wait. Two dealers had no stock, one dealer was at $22k OTD for a base and the last dealer was adding 3k to MSRP because they are the only one around with stock.
Not sure if this supply and demand is going to get better or worse going forward. All I can do is hope.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
620 Posts
What a bummer of a day. Went out with full intentions of buying today. 4 dealers visited and I now realize I will have to wait. Two dealers had no stock, one dealer was at $22k OTD for a base and the last dealer was adding 3k to MSRP because they are the only one around with stock.
Not sure if this supply and demand is going to get better or worse going forward. All I can do is hope.
Wow that’s crazy. Where do you live?

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
619 Posts
Inventory levels and manufacturing or at an all time low due to Covid

No one is there therefore some dealerships are gouging they are not cutting any bricks because the units they have that are coming in or pre-bought months in advance it is so bad that even sales people are having to look for other jobs.

I have a buddy who is getting a Yamaha Rmax Limited addition and he has pre-bought it at Base price for months in advance and there is now an additional one month delay

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
Dude that sucks!! I know that feeling you’re dealing with, when you want something so bad you can taste it. But stick to your guns and don’t over pay for it. Inventory will return as this Covid crap gets under control. I know it sucks, but hang in there.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I must have hit my timing just right. I got mine at the beginning of February and my local dealer in Ohio had 6 or them. My blue one was listed at $20,499 plus tax and fees and I got it for $18,700 plus tax and fees. I got him to match the price of a couple dealers in KY. I just checked anf those dealers are back up to $20,499.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition
22 Posts
Effingham, Ill. Owen Motorsports. Just bought a Trail Edition Monday for 23,500 OTD.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition
22 Posts
FYI, Owen Motorsports also has a store in Charleston I think. I'm in southern Indiana, 4 hour round trip for me, not too bad.

Reactions: Ghost23

·
Registered
389 Posts
Effingham, Ill. Owen Motorsports. Just bought a Trail Edition Monday for 23,500 OTD.
I must have hit my timing just right. I got mine at the beginning of February and my local dealer in Ohio had 6 or them. My blue one was listed at $20,499 plus tax and fees and I got it for $18,700 plus tax and fees. I got him to match the price of a couple dealers in KY. I just checked anf those dealers are back up to $20,499.
I could have got a blue one from honda east for 21300 OTD. But I can't get past the blue. They also offered me a trail edition at 24400 but again I didn't like the color... It took me almost 3 months to find a green and they wouldnt move on the price (j&j cycle).. 23436.00 cash otd... That hurt considering people last yr was buying them for like 16k it's. But at least I got the color I wanted:rolleyes:

·
Registered
620 Posts
I come from a Yamaha background and I’m an Air Force veteran. The blue was right up my alley. $20,770.25 OTD at State 8. Funny thing is, my salesman said early fall of 2020 he was still seeing people walk out the door under $20k

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a friend that bought a KRX late last year for $16,900. This was at the same place adding the 3k to MSRP now. I am just going to hope it comes around soon. I get it some will pay but I am not willing too. 5k swing is a lot to me and would like to put that towards a nice trailer.....oh that’s another story. Trying to find a 16’ tandem trailer is also been tough. Some places have told me 6 months. I can borrow a family members but would prefer my own. Crazy times.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
255 Posts
I just bought a 2021 trail edition in Poteau OK for a couple hundered off msrp. Extreme Work and Play in Poteau

Reactions: Tight Lines

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Price gouging is becoming more common. It’s getting worse, not just in the UTV market. From my experience, watches, shoes, video cards like the nvidia geforce series, prices are through the roof, and the only way you can get any of it is through resellers aka scalpers. So wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found similar BS going on at a couple of dealers in Michigan. But I enlarged the search and found a huge/enormous dealer in Mid-Michigan (Lakeside Motorsports) who was willing to sell the unit without any additional fees (frieght, build-up, etc...), I ended up paying MSRP. That same machine I inquired about 1 year ago at my local dealer I was $2K under MSRP. Demand drives up pricing, and then throw in ridiculously low inventory - the dealer had the leverage, not the buyer. I say you open up your search to a few hours from home, you may be surprised as to what comes available.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I couldn't get any dealers in Ohio to work on price...I enlarged my search also and found them listed for 16500 BUT by the time they hit you with other fees it was the same as full retail. I gave up. Dealers were giving great deals on blue ones because as I was told the blue wasn't a hot seller. A salesman iron pony in mansfield said they still had backorders from last August. I really had all but given up and was either going to buy used or wait few months to see what happens. The same day I found the green one and put my deposit on it till I got off work my salesman told me some guy showed up 15 minutes later and all but begged them to sell it out from under me! The price gouging isn't going to stop for a while because of short supply.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts