Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we should have a section or at least a post to share upcoming rides in case people want to meet and ride.
I’ll start;

March 19-21 Mill Creek, Ozark, Ar. Tent camping at Mulberry Mountain Lodge.

April 16-18 Hidden Falls, Marble Falls, Tx. We have a cabin at the park.

May 11-16 Windrock, Oliver Springs, Tn, we have a cabin at the park.

Anyone is welcome to join us for any of these. Pm if you need more info.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good idea!

We're going to be at Ticaboo Resort (have a house) Utah April 23-26 working on some Lake City to Silverton and Rimrocker (prob the Montrose CO side, or to the Utah pavement) later this year. Taylor Park is about 40 minutes away so planning some day trips up there this summer.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
352 Posts
I’m at Crumpler Mountain Resort near Northfork, WV April 22-24 riding the southern outlaw trails. We’ll do a 100-mile loop out to Wilmore Dam one day and then the usual Pinnacle Creek stuff. Mostly a comfortable party type of ride, not a balls to the wall thing. Just enjoying the weather the ride and the fellowship.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think we should have a section or at least a post to share upcoming rides in case people want to meet and ride.
I’ll start;

We usually hit the Mill Creek in Ozark our hometown area...love it there...sorry gonna miss this ride...can't be there until mid April!!! Have fun!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We usually hit the Mill Creek in Ozark our hometown area...love it there...sorry gonna miss this ride...can't be there until mid April!!! Have fun!
We live in Winslow and typically ride Mill Creek or Buckhorn every weekend. HMU next time y’all get out, would love to tool around with more rex’s.

·
Banned
487 Posts
I just booked a site at eagle rock on the back side of windrock and royal blue for the 13-16 of may. 3 of my buddies and I are taking the wives.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good idea!

We're going to be at Ticaboo Resort (have a house) Utah April 23-26 working on some Lake City to Silverton and Rimrocker (prob the Montrose CO side, or to the Utah pavement) later this year. Taylor Park is about 40 minutes away so planning some day trips up there this summer.
Good idea!

Love ouray Silverton lake city durango area. Have been going there since I was 5 years old in a jeep. Switching to sxs is a game changer. Did that 5 years ago. Not rock crawling but awsome scenery and fun challenging trails. Alpine loop is awsome. And if you stay in Silverton or lake city you can ride into town and hit trails. No trailering. Taylor park is awsome too

·
Registered
543 Posts
Love ouray Silverton lake city durango area. Have been going there since I was 5 years old in a jeep. Switching to sxs is a game changer. Did that 5 years ago. Not rock crawling but awsome scenery and fun challenging trails. Alpine loop is awsome. And if you stay in Silverton or lake city you can ride into town and hit trails. No trailering. Taylor park is awsome too
I've been to Lake City and Taylor a bunch of times doing work for the Forest Service for many years. We have two company Pioneers that we use in these, and other, areas for servicing remote communications sites. Ironically, we have never had the time to just go and enjoy these areas as it's always been work. Late last year my wife and I realized we have never really taken time to just do stuff for us! Oh well its going to be fun playing catch up!

·
Banned
487 Posts
Challenging trails? I wouldn’t really call them that. There was only really one in Taylor’s park that was a bit sketchy in one spot for the pioneers but the Krx wouldn’t have had any issue

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just booked a site at eagle rock on the back side of windrock and royal blue for the 13-16 of may. 3 of my buddies and I are taking the wives.
Awesome we’ll be there the same week.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Challenging trails? I wouldn’t really call them that. There was only really one in Taylor’s park that was a bit sketchy in one spot for the pioneers but the Krx wouldn’t have had any issue
I would assume you are talking about Upper Italian Creek in the Taylor Park area.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I’ll start;

This is a great idea.. Im in Northern calif lots of great spots for a run in the Sierra's and Nevada.. I've been involved in a couple of organized ATV cubs that have long since dissolved but still have ride friends I met from them I still go on trips with decades later.. I have hosted a few rides in the past and being in a club or a large group ride for that mater can take some patients and have its challenges... but so can waiting for the moons in perfect alignment to get your Buddys organized!
I'd be up for a day trip or even overnighter in the northern Cal Nevada area.. anyone with a time and place?
here is some idea's
Boca Reservoir Truckee area,
Johnson Lane Carson city, Virginia City
Mt Patterson Yerington trail system, Bridgeport Bodie area
Stoneyford, Maxwell
Bear river res to Tragedy
Sierra City Gold lake area
Jackson meadows Bowman Lake, Alleghany, Washington
Black springs, Hull creek, Slick rock.
Oakhurst bass lake area to Yosemite ridge boarder
Want some Carnage.. Rubicon trail, Fordyce trail, Indian Springs, Snake Lake, Slick rock, I heard they have new owners at Cisco grove campground and now allowing ohv there again..
Im sure I missed a few.. I have the tracks and the time anyone up for a krx meet up or have any other places to check out feel free to chime in..maybe we can put something together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good idea!

We are possibly going to be there the same time. Making our way north from Arizona for the summer, will be in our motorhome pulling our KRX. Hope to find a place to camp near the resort ( never been there ). Maybe we could tag along on a ride or two.

·
Registered
543 Posts
We are possibly going to be there the same time. Making our way north from Arizona for the summer, will be in our motorhome pulling our KRX. Hope to find a place to camp near the resort ( never been there ). Maybe we could tag along on a ride or two.
You would be more than welcome to join our group if you are able. One of our riders dropped out with a detached retina (I guess that's a good enough excuse). Another member here, Abj9, should be riding there next week to give the latest ride intel so we should be able to experience some eventful trips. I have some pretty decent GPX files for the Golden Narrows ride and a pretty nice loop north of the resort. IIRC Ticaboo Resort has RV parking and hook ups but I'm not sure if their booked. Technically, we are only at 1/2 occupancy on the house so perhaps they would let you park there?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You would be more than welcome to join our group if you are able. One of our riders dropped out with a detached retina (I guess that's a good enough excuse). Another member here, Abj9, should be riding there next week to give the latest ride intel so we should be able to experience some eventful trips. I have some pretty decent GPX files for the Golden Narrows ride and a pretty nice loop north of the resort. IIRC Ticaboo Resort has RV parking and hook ups but I'm not sure if their booked. Technically, we are only at 1/2 occupancy on the house so perhaps they would let you park there?
At this point in time I only have 60 miles on my KRX and my gas gauge seams to not be working. Are you guys packing extra fuel? I am going to call the resort and see what might be available at the RV park. I had also heard that there was some dry camping near by.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts