Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&T confirmed the Kawi approved kit is projected to be released mid February. Covid held up the productions. Close to $6k, 200hp on pump but can get much higher with some mods. Reliable kit with lots of miles.

Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
K&T confirmed the Kawi approved kit is projected to be released mid February. Covid held up the productions. Close to $6k, 200hp on pump but can get much higher with some mods. Reliable kit with lots of miles.

Can't wait to see it.
$6k is overkill IMO. I know turbos are more efficient, more power etc. $4200 for the supercharger kit is very fair and less involved in installing.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$6k is overkill IMO. I know turbos are more efficient, more power etc. $4200 for the supercharger kit is very fair and less involved in installing.
I wish it were cheaper too.
It is supposed to include new clutches and exhaust. So if you figure that in then maybe it helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keep in mind this same company said it would be released in December of 2020 - then june of 2021 - they seem to have some issues- I wouldnt trust the date - driveshaft will need to be replaced as well or turn the boost way down - pricy undertaking - I think your better off with a factory turbo unless you just got $$ to burn - its also geared to low - be interesting to see what the entire kit includes - if its just a turbo - add 1500-2000 to it by time you regear and driveshaft it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I seen, I plan on doing a driveshaft anyway. Cheap insurance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wish it were cheaper too.
It is supposed to include new clutches and exhaust. So if you figure that in then maybe it helps.
New clutches and exhaust probably actually makes it a better deal considering full exhaust are at least 800 and the stage 1 clutch kit I saw was like 1300. But what’s more dependable turbo or supercharger? I’m thinking about both but I don’t know a lot about turbos or superchargers I know supercharger is instant but turbo can produce more boost I believe?

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
107 Posts
These aftermarket performance companies are going to lose out if Kawi beats them to it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know from boosting car engines that ring gap plays a big role when adding boost. Rings need more end gap when boosted so that the ends don't butt together under boost. Is this something that will need done when installing a turbo or supercharger on a non boosted utv engine? $6000 is a lot of money for a turbo kit. Even if it includes exhaust and clutch and tuning.

·
Registered
2000 white KRX
397 Posts
It’s April

and again keep in mind. This turbo was shown in a video (pre production) at the time of KRX release. Seriiiiiiiiiiiiious lag time here.
has me worried.
supercharger has took some time as well but it’s on a platform that’s proven with other models. (Polaris, Yamaha etc)
And about to drop adding roughly 40 osh HP to wheel and 160+ total Hp. Seems win to me. When you factor in the install. Looks simple.
going to already have a tune designed for it,
Clutch and manufactur all figured out... the whole deal

and yes it’s instant power.
40 hp to the wheel! That would be huge on the krx, especially with the torque. Should be all one needs considering where we all sit today.
I’m excited.
By the way check the thread on the Dynojet PV3. Which is a full interface tuner and great starting point for future to the krx.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Turbo RZR is way cheaper. Kawasski needs to step up their game....
Idk. $26k for a 200hp turbo car with the best suspension in the industry, lots of niceties (like full doors), and build quality far exceeding its peers seems pretty legit to me.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
Idk. $26k for a 200hp turbo car with the best suspension in the industry, lots of niceties (like full doors), and build quality far exceeding its peers seems pretty legit to me.
For me at that point I would by a sand rail. Even for 26-27k you can pick up an LS1 400hp rail with king suspension and tons of other goodies. If I wanna go fast, it ain’t gonna be a razr or can am that’s gonna do it for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For me at that point I would by a sand rail. Even for 26-27k you can pick up an LS1 400hp rail with king suspension and tons of other goodies. If I wanna go fast, it ain’t a rzr or can am for that matter that’s gonna do it for me.
That I get. Honestly, if you're willing to look as non-stock/new stuff, I'd absolutely fork over for a built and spec'd Mint 400 or SCORE car over rolling my own if cost was a factor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will the turbo kit come with a forged pistons? Stock cast might be ok at very low boost. But with the way some people drive and cheap gas, I don't think the cast piston would last long. Plus, should really have more ring gap when boosting and engine. Wish kawasaki would come out with a turbo model soon. I really want a KRX!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts