Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone gone from an X3 to a KRX. I have an incredibly fast, great handling Can X3 XRC but these things seem to made for just that, going incredibly fast. The faster you go, the better it gets. But I do exploration rides in the Arizona mountains and encounter lots and lots ROCKS. Rough, chunky, gnarly, uneven, rutted out old two track roads. The X3 tackles it with no problem, but I have had the suspension redone several times (at major cost - new springs, new valving etc...) and the thing still rides rough.
So all that being said, how is the stock suspension on the KRX? I realize the car in general will not be as fast (non-turbo two cylinder) but I can live with that if the thing is plush out of the box. Also, will a full size spare fit in the bed?

Thanks in advance,

mg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watched it. Thanks. Would love to get some real world opinions from users who do long rides in rocky environments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only had mine a week but rode over the weekend and was amazed at the ride! I found the stock set up on the shock adjustment is 12 clicks out which was fine but I took it to 18 clicks out and it made a big difference riding in the rocky hills of Ky. My passenger even said "this thing rides like a car!" It is definitely made for CLIMING! I did 90% of the trails in H and only used L for rocky hills.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I stopped by a Kawi dealer yesterday and they seem to be making some deals on these things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Watched it. Thanks. Would love to get some real world opinions from users who do long rides in rocky environments.
We've done the last 4 weekends at Stoney Lonesome riding mostly the advanced trails with a lot rock/Boulder's! Very impressed with my KRX!!!! COMFORT is a understatement! I've had my bottom 3 vertebra fused + 2 titanium rods anchored into my hips for support about 6 years ago and I've stayed in the seat for 6+ hours every Saturday and Sunday without any discomfort!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, awesome! My local dealer has a demo unit. I'm going to take it out this Friday.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, after 100 miles suspension settles in great. It is much better after break in and it was good when new. I turned shocks 4 clicks from full soft and it is so plush and smoooth. Only thing I hit that was jarring was a 30" log. It really is smooth. Throttle smooth like a Honda. Clutching is so good. It will also handle ANYTHING the X3 will suspension comparison. I am very impressed. I just ran Elbe hills orv which is brutal and it was great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts