Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
So the 7.5 psi that KW is running with an intercooler should be safe if it can get enough fuel? And I'm at 5,000 feet so fuel may be less of an issue, right?
I would expect it to. I would run a dual O2 setup to keep tabs on it and for any tuning tweaks they can provide if needed. Anytime you boost an engine, running out of fuel is a big no no.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That also depends on the size of the turbo. 8 psi on a gt28 is very different from 8 psi on a 60-1. CFM flow is significantly higher.
Free flow yes but 2 different sized pumps, pumping through the same pipe size at 8 psi is the same cfm flowing. CFM or (lbs per minute of air, typical turbo ratings) and restriction creates the psi.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So "only" 20 blown motors running his tune.... lol I guess that's a great percentage, unless you are one of the 20. Where is the chart comparing the number of vfj blown motors to the number of PV3 blown motors? I've heard of zero blown engines caused by PV3. Not saying there aren't any, but I've read of plenty from the other.
If you want to spin your engine 11,500 rpm, good luck and enjoy the results. lol
I had 200 miles on my KRX on stock ECU, installed VFJ tuned ECU and the motor blew up the first time I ran it wide open. Both cylinders showed a lean condition. They rebuilt the motor (took six months!) and I bought a stock ECU with a PV3 and it runs perfect for 1000+ miles now. I still have the VFJ ECU if anyone wants it. I guess this could have been caused by a number of things, maybe just a coincidence?

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
I thought VFJ’s tunes were a little rich but mine are on the lean side too. I got about a dozen pops on deceleration during a 5 hour ride Sunday

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had 200 miles on my KRX on stock ECU, installed VFJ tuned ECU and the motor blew up the first time I ran it wide open. Both cylinders showed a lean condition. They rebuilt the motor (took six months!) and I bought a stock ECU with a PV3 and it runs perfect for 1000+ miles now. I still have the VFJ ECU if anyone wants it. I guess this could have been caused by a number of things, maybe just a coincidence?
Yikes!

·
Registered
317 Posts
11,500 rpm is for my engine. I push MY limits on my machine. That’s sure NOT for the public. What do you think I do here for 20 years ? Not push the envelope?

It’s obvious that people would hear about me. Nobody on the planet has tuned more of these machines than me.

Maybe 20 motors. Out of around 1850-1900 ecms I’ve tuned. What’s that percent??? 1% failure rate. Do the math.

1.01% of the ecms I’ve tuned had an issue. So 1 out of 100 people. The chances of that happening because of the machine alone

If my tune had issues. THERE SHOULD BE 1800-1900 machines with blown motors. 😉. everyone would be Blowing them up DAILY. Mine would have blown up. However that’s not true.

Kawasaki has already bought back more lemon machines than that. Plus the “covid built” motors from the 3rd quarter last year that never had the head tight.

How many KRX engines had issues without tunes had Loose head bolts and busted heafgaskets. I can easily count more than 20.

HERE is what I’ve been saying all along.

READ CAREFULLY GUYS AS I SEE SOME CANT COMPREHEND THINGS EASILY.

The fuel pump filter is excellent at filtering. Then when it plugs quickly guess what happens????

WHOS BEEN SAYING THIS FOR 9 months now???? Yeah. ME. Now here is S&S motorcycle company saying the same thing. WOW. ISNT THAT A COINCIDENCE??

View attachment 5925
No problems with my VFJ tune and I run WOT all day long! Have a new fuel sock ready to install. Also bought a pressure gage to monitor fuel pressure. Will test before and after sock change. My 2021 has around 700 miles, 600+ with VFJ tune!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I thought VFJ’s tunes were a little rich but mine are on the lean side too. I got about a dozen pops on deceleration during a 5 hour ride Sunday
What exhaust are you running? Mine is VFJ tuned with an EVP slip on, and i get some popping/backing on decel on downhills. Stock muffler it won't pop at all.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
What exhaust are you running? Mine is VFJ tuned with an EVP slip on, and i get some popping/backing on decel on downhills. Stock muffler it won't pop at all.

Stock exhaust but with cat cut out. I spoke with John and he suggested to replace the exhaust gasket. I’ve got one ordered and it’s scheduled to be here this week. I’m hoping to get to ride this weekend and will find out if it elevates the popping.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stock exhaust but with cat cut out. I spoke with John and he suggested to replace the exhaust gasket. I’ve got one ordered and it’s scheduled to be here this week. I’m hoping to get to ride this weekend and will find out if it elevates the popping.
He advised me to change my exhaust gasket also. I did and it helped some but has not completely stopped the popping on decel. I've gotten in the habit of trying to stay on the gas a little to keep it from popping. Scares the crap out of the people behind me! Lol!

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
That’s stinks, I regret gutting the cat. The spark arrestor is still in the muffler. I think I’ll try to find another stock muffler

·
Registered
51 Posts
I enjoy the pops and the smell with no cats. Y’all really wouldn’t enjoy a decatted STI with a pops and bangs tune.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have no issue with the smell...kinda like it!! Lol!! The occasional loud backfire, not so much.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.