Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Like the tuner said, I'm not arguing, those are facts. BTW they know every issue and calculate expected loss -yes even deaths (see auto industry class action suites). They don't care about you (Stupid people will buy it and defend the Corpse-oration=dead entity). This is the little guy against Goliath...Not a guy grinding bushing to fix a shitty door hinge system or clutch weights as a side gig to feeding his hobby/family........

You were supposed to be able to buy a factory boost option...period. Don't you get it? They lied to you, it isn't even possible, the tuner isn't doing it until the motor can even take low boost. He has his own pistons/internals and isn't giving you weak crappy 6lbs boost. I will be excited to see a real performance package.

PS-you will buy the same product until it becomes electric (10years)....."Not Good enough" is all you'll get.

How do like your 2022 jumping out of gear in WV? How does the consumer remedy in a lopsided financial system? They could delay/request discovery until you go broke.
When was there a factory boost option? K&T Performance did build a turbo kit when the machine was first launched. They were looking to do like Honda did with the Talon and Jackson Racing but Covid shut that down. I know Kraftwerks and Force have a bunch of miles of low boost running and no real problems yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
$4-5-6k dollars for how much low boost hp? When a hicup with fuel can cause problems for a NA machine?
So VFJ do you have a motor package/short block on the horizon? I guess Kawasaki was right American self determination would stand up to fill their gap. Wasn't that KT demonstration part of the product release or they just showed up? Why can kwerks and force do it and the mfg can't during covid...at least stand by it to follow through. They knew it was a sales gimmick.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Maybe a dumb question. If I'm operating my KRX at 5,000' elevation (or occasionally above that) will that eliminate, or reduce, the chance of running lean? I never let my tank go below half full.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,461 Posts
Maybe a dumb question. If I'm operating my KRX at 5,000' elevation (or occasionally above that) will that eliminate, or reduce, the chance of running lean? I never let my tank go below half full.
We run in the same turf I’ve run up to 10,600 in elevation and machine ran great. But you are right I think keeping the tank fuel helps.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
Got my ecm back from John a week ago and after running it all weekend I can say that his 91-93 octane tune runs great! Instant throttle response and full power reverse is great.

Reactions: mtl111

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
Stock exhaust with no cat. Clutching is stock

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
I don’t know that it’s noticeable quicker but the throttle response is night and day. It’s gotta be a little quicker than before. I’ve got the double tune where stock 87 is on low power mode and 91-93 tune is on regular power mode

Reactions: mtl111

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
I take it back. I just did a few 0-40 out in the pasture in both modes and 91-93 is quite a bit faster than the 87 tune

61 - 70 of 70 Posts