Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
How hard would it have been for them to install a vacuum referenced pressure regulator, or even a sensor like you're saying? There's a lot of "good enough for average" engineering going on in the power sports sector...

Like I mentioned. 15.00 for a 3 bar pressure fuel sensor. One harness plug and 3 wires.

Ecm gets its own trouble code. Example (Code 99. Fuel pressure insufficient). Immediately the customer knows there is an issue and exactly how to fix it

Read the service manual. The only thing that is not monitored by anything and it specifically states this is the fuel pump system.

Every single day of my life I get a call about Kawasaki with fuel pump problems Happened since 2003.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like I mentioned. 15.00 for a 3 bar pressure fuel sensor. One harness plug and 3 wires.

Ecm gets its own trouble code. Example (Code 99. Fuel pressure insufficient). Immediately the customer knows there is an issue and exactly how to fix it

Read the service manual. The only thing that is not monitored by anything and it specifically states this is the fuel pump system.

Every single day of my life I get a call about Kawasaki with fuel pump problems Happened since 2003.
Kawasaki KRX 1000 (2) High Flow Fuel Filters, (strainer or sock) | eBay
would these be of any benefit?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,555 Posts
READ CAREFULLY GUYS AS I SEE SOME CANT COMPREHEND THINGS EASILY.

The fuel pump filter is excellent at filtering. Then when it plugs quickly guess what happens????

WHOS BEEN SAYING THIS FOR 9 months now???? Yeah. ME. Now here is S&S motorcycle company saying the same thing. WOW. ISNT THAT A COINCIDENCE??
Just can't control yourself can you? Can't understand why Kawasaki hasn't hired you yet to give them all the answers...:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just can't control yourself can you? Can't understand why Kawasaki hasn't hired you yet to give them all the answers...:ROFLMAO:

A quick comment from a person who has had an entire family involved with engineering in one discipline or another. I have heard an uncountable number of design failure stories for products because the project is done by committee and not just engineers. Fortune 50s are the worst. I'd bet money there are in house engineers at Kawasaki saying "I told you so" under their breath about more than a few things KRX. I think the Kawasaki Team came up with a superior product overall.
BTW the insight in this thread is much appreciated!

·
Registered
181 Posts
So John it sounds like the KRX will not stand up to FI without new piston rings and a new fuel pump? Is that correct? Even at low boost like 7.5 PSI with an intercooler?

Have you thought about marketing the inline fuel gauge as part of or addition to your tune package?

I for one fill my KRX with 91 octane before every ride and never let it go below half full, but that PSI regulator sounds like some gret insurance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I declined. I give them the answers for parts and accessories.

I got a free 2500 cab kit for the KRX for assisting with a harness issue or it was going back for a lemon buy back. (Don’t hook a hamm radio to the can bus communication wire to the speedo because it had voltage )

Who do you think the kawy dealers come to for answers? 🤣🤣🤣.

After 20 years of specializing in nothing but Kawasaki’s. I’ve done work for just about all the guys that worked there. I have my products on new machines in the showroom.

About 5 years ago Kawy even offered to make my Teryx parts “team green” and sell them at dealers. I can’t produce that many. I declined.

Plus kawy themself was the first to have my Ecm Tune for KOH race.

Why give up a 2 decade profitable business for a job? They couldn’t pay me what I make now.

So the answer would be a huge NO WAY. Or as they say in Japan.

“ 番号 “

If you need me to clarify things . Just ask. I never post things without facts and proof to backup everything I say.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So John it sounds like the KRX will not stand up to FI without new piston rings and a new fuel pump? Is that correct? Even at low boost like 7.5 PSI with an intercooler?

Have you thought about marketing the inline fuel gauge as part of or addition to your tune package?

I for one fill my KRX with 91 octane before every ride and never let it go below half full, but that PSI regulator sounds like some gret insurance!
Here’s the results from doing just that at the beginning of last month. It just don’t work without fuel.

KRX Needs a whole new fuel system. Check out cyl 2. 14.7-14.9 air fuel ratio. And that’s WITH a fuel rail. (Which did nothing) This is a Force turbo at 8 psi with their tune loaded on it. Running only 15° total timing.

Remember. For every 1 psi manifold pressure you make. You LOOSE 1 psi of fuel pressure at the injector nozzle.

Fuel at 43 psi -7 psi boost is now 36 psi in the intake. So not only did you gain power. You also lost alot of fuel.

Cyl 1 is 11.8. Cyl 2 is 14.5-up. You can see it gradually run out of fuel and lean out as it ramps upward to the “mountain”. Cyl 2 was also getting almost 80-100 points MORE fuel in the tune. Which is horrible to do as that FUKKKKS the requested load limiter maps up big time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

A quick comment from a person who has had an entire family involved with engineering in one discipline or another. I have heard an uncountable number of design failure stories for products because the project is done by committee and not just engineers. Fortune 50s are the worst. I'd bet money there are in house engineers at Kawasaki saying "I told you so" under their breath about more than a few things KRX. I think the Kawasaki Team came up with a superior product overall.
BTW the insight in this thread is much appreciated!

This is why KAWASAKI MOTORS was supposed to break away from KHI (the head company in japan)

They can make 300 hp jet skis and 300 hp cycles. But since Yamaha was sued for the rhino in the early 2000s.

“. Kawasaki. We don’t care for being #1. Just good enough”. something like that.

That motto is on the wall in corporate headquarters as quoted by Bill Jenkins the VP of Kawasaki USA. I thought that was RIDICULOUS

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is why KAWASAKI MOTORS was supposed to break away from KHI (the head company in japan)

They can make 300 hp jet skis and 300 hp cycles. But since Yamaha was sued for the rhino in the early 2000s.

“. Kawasaki. We don’t care for being #1. Just good enough”. something like that.

That motto is on the wall in corporate headquarters as quoted by Bill Jenkins the VP of Kawasaki USA. I thought that was RIDICULOUS
They just flat out lied about having a factory/industry partner power boost option in the product release. There was never any intention. The rings will blow out of the pistons, the fuel system isn't even adequate enough for the present fuel demand and now we find out they are all pussies.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
They just flat out lied about having a factory/industry partner power boost option in the product release. There was never any intention. The rings will blow out of the pistons, the fuel system isn't even adequate enough for the present fuel demand and now we find out they are all pussies.
They were worried about the huge issues the BF/TERYX motors had.

OIL WINDAGE.

So they gapped the rings .008. To use a .008 top ring gap this should be a 2 inch diameter piston.

Well it’s 3.5 inch.

Which should be .004x3.5 at the bare minimum for all motor.

RUN LEAN. Good bye ring gap. Then, good bye ring land. Then good bye piston.

What they think is “detonation”. That’s part of the piston that cracked away that peened the piston.

That’s the entire issue with these motors.

Return style Fuel system. Drop the top ring land down .080 so the intake valve pocket has some Slipper skirt.

My KRX pistons and rods won’t ever have those issues. Mine are also laterally gas ported, ceramic and Teflon coated.

My cylinders will also be quite a bit different to support what’s going to happen with my turbo build.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We need an ambulance chaser to file a class action lawsuit for false advertising, boost option was a product release sales factor. How many said, "Ok, I will add that to make up for a stock heavy machine". It should have been able to handle what they were selling.
Include the dupe who showed up with the "snake oil" demonstration unit.

The reason they are so willing to warranty everything is to keep the lawsuits down, buy back the unit, send it to copart for what base cost of unit...only cost is base price to produce and some future profit loss on replacement. You say how great they are at covering product. No lawsuit with punitive damages, in the realm of public opinion, the customer defends them instead of negative customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
502 Posts
We need an ambulance chaser to file a class action lawsuit for false advertising, boost option was a product release sales factor. How many said, "Ok, I will add that to make up for a stock heavy machine". It should have been able to handle what they were selling.
Include the dupe who showed up with the "snake oil" demonstration unit.

The reason they are so willing to warranty everything is to keep the lawsuits down, buy back the unit, send it to copart for what base cost of unit...only cost is base price to produce and some future profit loss on replacement. You say how great they are at covering product. No lawsuit with punitive damages, in the realm of public opinion, the customer defends them instead of negative customer satisfaction.
That’s *** stupid!! Your solution is to sue them even when they’re taking care of customer issues? Not going to gain you many invites to ride on private property!

·
Registered
275 Posts
That’s *** stupid!! Your solution is to sue them even when they’re taking care of customer issues? Not going to gain you many invites to ride on private property!
Like the tuner said, I'm not arguing, those are facts. BTW they know every issue and calculate expected loss -yes even deaths (see auto industry class action suites). They don't care about you (Stupid people will buy it and defend the Corpse-oration=dead entity). This is the little guy against Goliath...Not a guy grinding bushing to fix a shitty door hinge system or clutch weights as a side gig to feeding his hobby/family........

You were supposed to be able to buy a factory boost option...period. Don't you get it? They lied to you, it isn't even possible, the tuner isn't doing it until the motor can even take low boost. He has his own pistons/internals and isn't giving you weak crappy 6lbs boost. I will be excited to see a real performance package.

PS-you will buy the same product until it becomes electric (10years)....."Not Good enough" is all you'll get.

How do like your 2022 jumping out of gear in WV? How does the consumer remedy in a lopsided financial system? They could delay/request discovery until you go broke.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,462 Posts
Like the tuner said, I'm not arguing, those are facts. BTW they know every issue and calculate expected loss -yes even deaths (see auto industry class action suites). They don't care about you (Stupid people will buy it and defend the Corpse-oration=dead entity). This is the little guy against Goliath...Not a guy grinding bushing to fix a shitty door hinge system or clutch weights as a side gig to feeding his hobby/family........

You were supposed to be able to buy a factory boost option...period. Don't you get it? They lied to you, it isn't even possible, the tuner isn't doing it until the motor can even take low boost. He has his own pistons/internals and isn't giving you weak crappy 6lbs boost. I will be excited to see a real performance package.

PS-you will buy the same product until it becomes electric (10years)....."Not Good enough" is all you'll get.

How do like your 2022 jumping out of gear in WV? How does the consumer remedy in a lopsided financial system? They could delay/request discovery until you go broke.
See that’s where I disagree. And this type of behavior is why stuff keeps getting more expensive in America. You victimize yourself for buying a product that YOU had the ultimate decision on. From the get go the machine is what it is on the factory showroom. I paid for mine in full and knew what I was getting myself into. I KNEW that it is an NA machine, I took it at face value not what it could be or could have been. I am sure I qualify for a buyback as well as the dealer did not rectify the noise. There are certain things that you absolutely have to defend and pursue. I don’t think a side by side or assumptions of “what it could have been” is one of them.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts