Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 KRX with 2400 miles. At the 13000 mile service I had to replace the belt and weights in the transmission. Kawasaki paid for the first set of weights. I had gone to Moab and did quite a bit of highway driving. I was told that the highway driving caused the damage. I ride a lot of forest service roads that are in good condition. Since the first service I have kept my speeds at about 35 to 40 mph to avoid any further damage to the weights. At my 2400 mile service I have to replace the weights again. I was told by my dealer that Kawasaki is aware of the problem and that I should vary my speed to avoid damaging the weights. This makes no sense when I’m on a good road. One would think that Kawasaki would make the weights from a more durable metal, especially if they are aware of the problem. Has others in this forum had this problem?

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
258 Posts
I have a 2021 KRX with 2400 miles. At the 13000 mile service I had to replace the belt and weights in the transmission. Kawasaki paid for the first set of weights. I had gone to Moab and did quite a bit of highway driving. I was told that the highway driving caused the damage. I ride a lot of forest service roads that are in good condition. Since the first service I have kept my speeds at about 35 to 40 mph to avoid any further damage to the weights. At my 2400 mile service I have to replace the weights again. I was told by my dealer that Kawasaki is aware of the problem and that I should vary my speed to avoid damaging the weights. This makes no sense when I’m on a good road. One would think that Kawasaki would make the weights from a more durable metal, especially if they are aware of the problem. Has others in this forum had this problem?
Factory Clutch Weights are Garbage!

Here is a link to another thread, of which there are several on this forum discussing the weight issues. There's a lot of info there that pertains to your question.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yep, the factory weights being poor quality is a well known issue. Like 1911 posted, just check out that thread. By the way, based on your screen name, are you from Overgaard, AZ? I am in Payson.

Reactions: Tyekay2390

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes. I got 2 sets of weights from Kawasaki. The second set were wore in 400 hundred miles. I called Kawasaki and complained and they replaced my primary with the new part number. My KRX was built in November of 2019. So far so good. About 800 miles on the new primary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts