Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding in a sandy wet area cause extreme damage to the inside of the wheele because the training arm is mounted to close. Every krx I have seen has this exact problem. Kawasaki needs to look into this. I have attached a new krx vs a 2014 wildcat that has been in the same sand for 7 years.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Riding in a sandy wet area cause extreme damage to the inside of the wheele because the training arm is mounted to close. Every krx I have seen has this exact problem. Kawasaki needs to look into this. I have attached a new krx vs a 2014 wildcat that has been in the same sand for 7 years.
Please post a picture. I ride in the sand and don’t have this issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did have to remove the wheel "scrubbers" on the rear of my KRX. Riding at the cinder in Flagstaff was most definitely chewing up my rims.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
187 Posts
I did have to remove the wheel "scrubbers" on the rear of my KRX. Riding at the cinder in Flagstaff was most definitely chewing up my rims.
The OP, with NO other posts on this forum, makes a statement like that 4 days ago and then never responds or elaborates.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is exactly what I thought this guy was talking about but my Polaris had them and so does my yxz so it doesn’t pertain strictly to the krx. I can tell looking inside my wheels that once in awhile a small rock or something gets hung up in the scrubber because it scrapes the wheel a little but not bad enough to do any considerable damage. I’ve considered removing them before but I believe their purpose is to prevent a rock from spinning Inside the wheel further up and damaging a brake caliper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
187 Posts
Well if it’s only in the sand,when u get those fancy paddle tires make sure u get a 4x3 wheel offset.Big delima solved.
It looks like the issue is where the trailing arm bends into the wheel. A 16" wheel may help that, in addition to a lower than stock offset, to get the wheel farther from the arm.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It looks like the issue is where the trailing arm bends into the wheel. A 16" wheel may help that, in addition to a lower than stock offset, to get the wheel farther from the arm.
Oh I see what ur saying.very strange.Changing wheel diameters especially something oddball .would be a PITA especially finding tires.When the gentleman said close to trailing arm ,I assumed he wasn’t talking inside the bowl of the rim.Hmmm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anybody tried removing the plastic guard that wraps around the trailing arm inside the wheel? It would gain you a little more clearance and possibly solve/help.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
Looks like the problem is with the riding condition, wet and sandy might as well be snow or mud pack. When you get debris caked in your wheel lots of stuff is going to get rubbed on. I went through a set of rotors in one wet winter for the same reason on my FJ80 but had no problems doing the same thing in my JK with the high negative offset. I also learned to clean out my wheels when wheeling in the sticky stuff that cakes on. Need a pic of what the wheels look like when he is riding in those conditions.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
Can someone explain to me how this has anything to do with the trailing arms? I just don't see it.
The plastic cover on the trailing arm, where it bends out to the hub, sits pretty close to the wheel. If you go take a look at yours, you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'll have to go check but my wheels look fine for all of the desert riding. That looks like debris and other shit that gets into the wheel and spins about or gets caught in there and scrapes it up, based on riding conditions. I know my rock knockers make a big impact on preventing sand, gravel and general loose stuff from directly shooting into the back trailing arm / wheel area due to front wheel roost.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
I'll have to go check but my wheels look fine for all of the desert riding. That looks like debris and other shit that gets into the wheel and spins about or gets caught in there and scrapes it up, based on riding conditions. I know my rock knockers make a big impact on preventing sand, gravel and general loose stuff from directly shooting into the back trailing arm / wheel area due to front wheel roost.
My wheels are fine as well. No scratch's at all on the inside. I have seen how snow gets packed up in there though, so I guess it could do the same with mud or wet sand. I don't ride in either of those so I'm not concerned. I also installed a set of Rokblokz to stop rocks thrown up by the front wheels from getting where they shouldn't be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts