Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive my newbie questions but I've got a new 2021 KRX that will be ready in about 2 weeks. I'm in the hunt for a trailer and thought some of you that already own the KRX might be able to help. Realizing that everyone's needs are a little different, what size trailer is best? I've been looking at this one: 6 X 12 Carry-On Utility Pipe Top Trailer - TrailersPlus Tucson (VIN:4YMBU121XMN008668) . Is that a good choice or are their better? Other than the KRX I won't be hauling anything else with it.

Also, what do you guys use for tie-downs? I've seen everything from simple straps to nicer whole tire "net" straps.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
I agree 100% with Red. Been using my E-Track system for years, and have NEVER has a strap come loose. As far as a trailer, I favor a double axle. I know it's more than needed to carry the KRX, but the stability when towing and no worries about ever overloading it are worth it to me. Mine is 16' x 80". Had to have at least 16' to fit two machines on it.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
Something to consider. That trailer lists a GVWR of 2990lbs. They say the trailer itself weighs 900 which means your load capacity is 2090 pounds. The KRX weighs 1896lbs bone stock, so depending on what you choose do do with accessories, you only have 194lbs left until you max out on weight.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I really appreciate the input. I hadn't heard of the E-track system so will look into that further.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another good point Atc. Glad I posted this as these are the kinds of things I hadn't really put enough thought into.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Another good point Atc. Glad I posted this as these are the kinds of things I hadn't really put enough thought into.
1746F30F-7584-4002-873A-886409592F5F.jpeg
There are plenty of tandem axle 12’ trailers like this out there. They usually weigh around 1300lbs but give you way more hauling capacity.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
I have a single axle trailer with heavy duty 8 ply tires. Tows perfectly. Single axle 5 star. Notice the tongue on the trailer goes further back on the sides. Most trailers just have a welded tongue. Now my son bought a 2016 RZR I may upgrade to a bigger trailer in the future.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tandem axle all the way. If you burn a bearing you can limp it somewhere on 3 wheels instead of leaving your 20k+ rig on the side of the highway. Also I agree E track is the only way to go. My enclosed trailer has it, I just need to add it to the open trailer I have.

·
Banned
487 Posts
So, I’d recommend a tandem axle.. get whatever size you think you’ll like. But I would suggest 16’ or so. Trailer brakes are also just a nice little bonus. You’ll find that eventually no matter what trailer you buy.. you’ll wish it were bigger. The Mac’s tie downs are awesome! Get some e track or L track and hit the trails!

ps.. I hate tailgates. Fyi.. with the Krx you can just drive up into the trailer.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
So, I’d recommend a tandem axle.. get whatever size you think you’ll like. But I would suggest 16’ or so. Trailer brakes are also just a nice little bonus. You’ll find that eventually no matter what trailer you buy.. you’ll wish it were bigger. The Mac’s tie downs are awesome! Get some e track or L track and hit the trails!

ps.. I hate tailgates. Fyi.. with the Krx you can just drive up into the trailer.
My trailer sits just a bit to high to load/unload without ramps on flat ground. (unless I back up to a slight rise) The trailing arms hit at about the mid point.
The trailer brakes are a nice bonus.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Another vote for tandem. You will never wish you with a smaller trailer either, so the bigger the better.

Tire bonnets are the way to go for tie downs. I'll differ with everyone else and say d rings over Etrack on the trailer. Much stronger and don't get packed with mud and snow.

77"X12'

·
Banned
487 Posts
Another vote for tandem. You will never wish you with a smaller trailer either, so the bigger the better.

Tire bonnets are the way to go for tie downs. I'll differ with everyone else and say d rings over Etrack on the trailer. Much stronger and don't get packed with mud and snow.

75"X12'
I like that little trailer.. I see you have the anti theft device up front.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's a 92 Doolittle DL7000T I rebuilt a few years ago. The ramps are the top of the fenders. After having one ball coupler and seeing a few others pop off offroad I'm a big fan of pintles. I even ordered my 31ft enclosed with a bolt on coupler so I could put a lunette ring on it.

Heres the build thread on it. Never did mount the E track or for that matter do anything more to it after it was rushed into service.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is a picture of my 20' PJ utility trailer with my Mule and four wheeler loaded up. I agree with getting a bigger trailer than you think you need. This is the best pulling trailer I have ever owned.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
I bought a 14’ tandem trailer in 2015 before I knew I’d be into side by sides. I wanted a 12’ but I figured why not go bigger. I’d like to go back and kick my own butt because it was only $60 more to upgrade to a 16’ from the 14’. At the time I only hauled 3 quads and thought I had no use for the bigger one. Boy was I dumb.

·
Banned
487 Posts
It's a 92 Doolittle DL7000T I rebuilt a few years ago. The ramps are the top of the fenders. After having one ball coupler and seeing a few others pop off offroad I'm a big fan of pintles. I even ordered my 31ft enclosed with a bolt on coupler so I could put a lunette ring on it.

Heres the build thread on it. Never did mount the E track or for that matter do anything more to it after it was rushed into service.
Pretty slick... I see I’m not the only one that waaay over thinks their projects to make far more work on myself.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,117 Posts

Dude that trailer is kick a$$!! Love how the double axels are pushed to the rear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts