Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! I have a large snowmobile trailer that is too short to clear the height of the KRX, (and really too long in length) for what I will need. It's going up for sale. But I'm debating and open vs enclosed trailer for the new KRX. Anyone have a preference and why? Leaning towards enclosed for security when taking the KRX on trips (moab anyone?) but otherwise open is an option too.

thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Open for me for a few reasons:

1). We get feet of snow every winter. Lost a camper from roof collapse two years ago.

2). Easier to power wash

3). Much cheaper. $1500 vs. ???

4). You have the coolest looking machine on the planet. Show that badassery off!

The two selling points on an enclosed are security, as you mentioned, and avoiding rock strikes on gravel roads.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
59 Posts
Mine is a open utility type with the drop down loading gate/ramp. Works great but I am planning on an enclosed for just that reason. When we go to Moab it would be nice to have it secured and out of sight. Also, some of the times we go to Moab, the I-70 weather can make a mess of things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you ever see people using covers on the machines on the open trailers? Like we do on snowmobiles?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used the KRX cover on a 70 mile trip with a cross wind. The cotton padding ripped up and blew small clumps and shreds all over the machine, and the flapping cover also scuffed the plastic a bit. Won't do that again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like enclosed, alot more expensive though. I dont need to worry about someone messing around with my ride I also store all my gear and if you store it off site good place for it for storage in the off season. It's my cheap man's toy hauler. 🙂

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
I have an open trailer, but I think a closed trailer is a better choice. I pull mine behind my 5th wheel, so I'm trying to keep the weight down and a smaller surface to catch wind. I also often need to load up the atv on the trailer at the same time. This would require a large enclosed trailer.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
Don't think I can fit any more on my trailer. It was a little tail happy loaded like this, even with the nearly 800 lb. ATV on the front. Backed the KRX on for the drive home and it pulled perfectly.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
I have never pulled double like that. I’ve been looking for toy hauler 5th wheel camper, but I see alot of people doing that instead.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
59 Posts
I have been thinking about switching from my bumper pull camper and getting a smaller fifthwheel to do that also. Bet that is a fun trip up I-70.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
I have been thinking about switching from my bumper pull camper and getting a smaller fifthwheel to do that also. Bet that is a fun trip up I-70.
This was my plan when I bought my 5th wheel. I purposely bought a smaller (26.5') lightweight 5th wheel to make this setup feasible. I traded in a bumper pull toyhauler to buy this. Everything pulls just fine and the weights are good. Just have to pay attention when you pull off the road because there is no backing up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts